User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I drove by their yard here in Streator IL today and talked to a couple of Drivers I am friends with. EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB. We are talking drivers with 10-12 years and Millions of Miles in a dedicated contract all leaving at once for the simple reason they can not stand the company anymore. Pried alittle harder and found out that they had all their Bounus programs as drivers cut Yet the Millis brothers are still getting theirs as the owners and still the company is loosing cash faster than the Titanic was taking on water. Last trailers they ordered were in 2005 and they are being REPPOED this year not a good sign.

Found out on the Trucks they went from VIP interiors to bare bones and also cut HP from 430 to 320 in the last orders. Also wnet from T-2000 to T-600 and from 72 in to 60 inch sleepers unless you are a trainer then you still get a 72 incher.

They lied to you about no new trailors since 05. I was there from March 2006 to April 2007. They had over 200 new trailors in 06, 07. I have friends still there and they are still ordering new ones. I know nothing about them being repoed.

I had a decent experience there. Made good money and got home whenever I asked to. You get 1 1/2 days home for every 7 out. I left because I got a home every weekend job making the same money.

Millis is shady with their bonus program. They will look for any little thing to screw thier drivers out of the bonuses. That's Dan MIllis the safety guy. I got the feeling the sons were taking the company in the wrong direction since the old man retired.

To sum it up.........you could do a hell of a lot worse but I think you could do better.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Millis is shady with their bonus program. They will look for any little thing to screw thier drivers out of the bonuses. That's Dan MIllis the safety guy.
Sad ... but True .... You are correct ...
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Rookie

Read what I could find on Millis and did my own research as well. Seems as though they have gone down hill a bit and not on the up as they once were....given that....
He is leaning towards Swift for a couple of reasons. Waiting to hear back from them. Know some of you have thought there are better companies out there, but if they give him what they are offering then its a good fit on all fronts, more so that he will be staying pretty much in the east which is closer to us.

Thoughts / comments on Swift???

thanks
erin
Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes2448

Thoughts / comments on Swift???

Boy.................... You've opened the flood gates there.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebajosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I drove by their yard here in Streator IL today and talked to a couple of Drivers I am friends with. EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB. We are talking drivers with 10-12 years and Millions of Miles in a dedicated contract all leaving at once for the simple reason they can not stand the company anymore. Pried alittle harder and found out that they had all their Bounus programs as drivers cut Yet the Millis brothers are still getting theirs as the owners and still the company is loosing cash faster than the Titanic was taking on water. Last trailers they ordered were in 2005 and they are being REPPOED this year not a good sign.

Found out on the Trucks they went from VIP interiors to bare bones and also cut HP from 430 to 320 in the last orders. Also wnet from T-2000 to T-600 and from 72 in to 60 inch sleepers unless you are a trainer then you still get a 72 incher.

They lied to you about no new trailors since 05. I was there from March 2006 to April 2007. They had over 200 new trailors in 06, 07. I have friends still there and they are still ordering new ones. I know nothing about them being repoed.

I had a decent experience there. Made good money and got home whenever I asked to. You get 1 1/2 days home for every 7 out. I left because I got a home every weekend job making the same money.

Millis is shady with their bonus program. They will look for any little thing to screw thier drivers out of the bonuses. That's Dan MIllis the safety guy. I got the feeling the sons were taking the company in the wrong direction since the old man retired.

To sum it up.........you could do a hell of a lot worse but I think you could do better.
Don't worry about ironeagle. He was on here in July saying they were losing all there accounts.

Disgruntled, I would say.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My source on the Repos is Mechanics in the shops. Also Millis did LOSE alot of GREAT contracts in the Late 90's when they stopped ordering Air ride trailers and went back to Spring ride trailers. When you are hauling All-Glass tanks and they REQUIRE Air Ride trailers and you are not supplying them. Also Yes they are very shifty on the bounus programs. When a truck getting 7 MPG dropped in 2 weeks right before the quarter bounus was due and I was at the max to 3 according to their Figures yet my cards showed 7 still that was when I knew I was at the wrong company. Disgruntled You bet your A$$ I am was told to drop my empty trailer and truck off in Richtfield WI then would be given a ride back to Streator Per David Millis yet on my DAC they claimed ABONDONED truck at drop yard.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Senior Board Member