User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

ben45750... I WAS THE 4TH VEHICLE IN A 4 CAR ACCIDENT THAT WAS STARTED BY A CAR CUTTING SOME ONE OFF 3 CARS IN FRONT OF ME. DIDNT HAVE ANY OTHE PLACE TO GO EXCEPT INTO THE CAR THAT WAS IN FRONT OF ME AS THIS ACCIDENT HAPPENED ON A BRIDGE.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Company could come back and say you were following to close to the vehicle in front of you.You weren't managing the space around your truck.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Rookie

Sounds like you rear-ended the 3rd veh. in which case it will be viewed by safety as a preventable. Depending on your companies policies you will probably loose your job!!
:cry:
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT BUT WASNT @ FAULT. MIGHT LOSE MY

It's a two part equation. At Fault/Not At Fault + Preventable/Non-Preventable. Preventability is determined by your employer. If it's not a force majeure type event, the putz's usually consider it preventable.

I hope your log for the last few weeks is accurate. In an accident situation companies are just like lawyers and immediately start scouring the logbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANISHBOI
I WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING 4 CARS. CAUSED BY 1 OF THE CARS CUTTING OFF AND HITTING ANOTHER. IS IT LEGAL FOR ME TO LOSE MY JOB OVER THIS??
Old 12-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
It's a two part equation. At Fault/Not At Fault + Preventable/Non-Preventable. Preventability is determined by your employer. If it's not a force majeure type event, the putz's usually consider it preventable.

I hope your log for the last few weeks is accurate. In an accident situation companies are just like lawyers and immediately start scouring the logbook.

Quote:
I WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING 4 CARS. CAUSED BY 1 OF THE CARS CUTTING OFF AND HITTING ANOTHER. IS IT LEGAL FOR ME TO LOSE MY JOB OVER THIS??
YEAH SAFTEY TOOK MY LAST 7 RIGHT AFTER THAT ACCIDENT. I KNOW THEY ARE GONNA LOOK BACK FARTHER THAN THAT, BUT IM NOT WORRIED.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:19 PM

The designation of P or NP will be entirely up to the safety dept at your company. If it is your first accident, I personally believe based on my experience, that you will be slapped by your company with in-house points or maybe probation. If you are on probation, there may be further consequences. Good luck. When writing reports remember wording is sometimes really important. "I was involved in an accident", NOT "I had an accident". Sometimes just the wording can screw you up. I once was assigned to oversee drivers written reports before they were handed into the company's safety dept.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmegobye
The designation of P or NP will be entirely up to the safety dept at your company. If it is your first accident, I personally believe based on my experience, that you will be slapped by your company with in-house points or maybe probation. If you are on probation, there may be further consequences. Good luck. When writing reports remember wording is sometimes really important. "I was involved in an accident", NOT "I had an accident". Sometimes just the wording can screw you up. I once was assigned to oversee drivers written reports before they were handed into the company's safety dept.
I HAVENT HAD TO GIVE A WRIYYEN REPORT AS OF YET, BUT THANX. I C HOW WORDING CAN CHANGE THE WAY IT WILL BE LOOKED @ WHEN THAT TIME COMES.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Senior Board Member

headborg you can't get that clamp anymore it was $120 when i got it 30+ years ago. i posted a link to ram-mount that has one that will work.

you can build a system for under $150 if you want to. i posted a link to mp3playerstore.com thay have a night cam for $40. you can make a mount for $5, a vcr for $40 a power inverter for $20 to power all of it.

but any camera will work as long as it has video out and can be AC powered.

our camcorder runs most of the time but we have it recording on the vcr that way the camera is not going to wear out any time soon.

this spring we went in to eat, when we came out the cops were talking to a driver who had his hood riped off when he was inside getting a shower. i went and checked the vcr and had a good view of it. showed it to the cop then burned it to a dvd and gave it to the cop.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Board Regular

Even paranoids have enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
headborg you can't get that clamp anymore it was $120 when i got it 30+ years ago. i posted a link to ram-mount that has one that will work.

you can build a system for under $150 if you want to. i posted a link to mp3playerstore.com thay have a night cam for $40. you can make a mount for $5, a vcr for $40 a power inverter for $20 to power all of it.

but any camera will work as long as it has video out and can be AC powered.

our camcorder runs most of the time but we have it recording on the vcr that way the camera is not going to wear out any time soon.

this spring we went in to eat, when we came out the cops were talking to a driver who had his hood riped off when he was inside getting a shower. i went and checked the vcr and had a good view of it. showed it to the cop then burned it to a dvd and gave it to the cop.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Always cover your tail see if you can afford a lawyer if you were charged with the accident if not don't worry about. Just get a copy of the accident report for your personal records. Now if your loaded with extra money to spend retain a lawyer just incase and sue the company if they fire you for no good reason.