LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory_Snow
Well, was pretty sure I didnt want to go with them, especially after reading more on their website I found. We are pretty serious on going with Crete but brother in law said try Werner so I asked here. Dont want to be an o/o at this time, possibly never. Owned my own buisness for 10 years and not sure if I want that headache again. But I dont like being under a camera all day either (they put up cameras at our plant to watch all employees and write them up if they are caught going to the bathroom at a certain time or talking). Thanks again for the info, I think we'll stick to our current plans and go from there.
I am insulted! :lol: Seriously, I drive for Crete and they are a darned good company to work for. No disrespect to your BIL, but for him to recommend Werner as opposed to Crete tells me that he probably hasn't been around the industry for very long. Better miles, much better pay and more respect is what you get at Crete. It isn't a perfect fit for every driver particluarly those who like to get home more often than every 3 weeks or so or like to take people with them when they drive (they have one of the more restrictive rider programs).

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Rookie
Default Thanks

Karnajj: Sorry for the insult, wont happen again,lol. (havent figured out how to get the little faces to move over yet) I checked on them to keep him off my backside. He hasnt driven for 10years OTR but has driven local in Wichita, KS area and is now checking pipelines for a company in that area. We've talked to the Crete recuiter several times (as well as 3 others) but really like their benefits, retirement program and pay seems to be normal for newbies from all companies we were interrested in. Will find out Jan3 if we got into the school for Jan16 classes (crossing our fingers AND toes on it).
Old 12-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: What about Werner?

Dirt cheap dirt bags. You are better off working at your local Walmart. They use and abuse new drivers. Drive a cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory_Snow
Anyone know much on Werner? Brothers-in-law told us to check them out but cant find too much info on them. Any information good or bad would be appreicated.