Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   What about Werner? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31461-what-about-werner.html)

Ivory_Snow 12-25-2007 06:11 PM

What about Werner?

Anyone know much on Werner? Brothers-in-law told us to check them out but cant find too much info on them. Any information good or bad would be appreicated.

Mackman 12-25-2007 06:13 PM

talk to big jeep on 44's he loves werner.

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-25-2007 09:20 PM

SMACK your brother law in the face , And tell him to stop rolling his poo into balls and eating crayons ... :lol: if you have a decent driving/criminal record you can do much better than Werner I only went to Werner ,because 8 months before I got my CDL I had two speeding tickets back to backl they were only 10 MPH over ,But most companies want no more than 1 in last 12 months ...However had I looked around beyond the companies the driving school was pushing I probably could have done better , But you live and you learn .

HOTROD29335 12-25-2007 09:23 PM

i think he needs to go with cr england :lol:

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-25-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTROD29335

England pays better than Werner . :wink:

HOTROD29335 12-25-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

yea and no one can beat their fleece pruchase program :wink:

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-25-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

yea and no one can beat their fleece pruchase program :wink:

England does pay company drivers better than Werner , However their Fleece puchase program is just like Werners "OWNER OPERATOR" program as far as driver earnings...But all of the big companies that offer an option to buy a truck in some way or another pay about the same , So Eglands Fleece purchase plan is no better or worse than Werners "OwnerOperator" program or any other Big company truck lease or purchase plans they pay about a buck a mile after it's all said and done , And A solo driver running 3k miles will only gross to himself about $750.00 after operating costs , To be honest I thought about a lease with a Company like Trans-Am If I could run loose leaf , As I could gross about a grand a week running hard after operating costs , And lease a brand new T-600 with a tri-pak ,and 575k power train warrenty ...But I don't want to run loose leaf ,and run illegal , As I like my sleep , And I don't think I would like the worry of getting popped by DOT ,and fined .

steelhauler2007 12-26-2007 12:53 AM

Only have one question.How long have you been driving,jeepster?

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-26-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Only have one question.How long have you been driving,jeepster?

Just a little over 2.5 years , so not very long , But long enough to know that what most companies pay a person to lease a truck on with them you would need to run beyond a legal log book , as $1.00 a mile takes many miles to net much in the way of pay after operating costs ...now if I could get constant freight at atleast a $1.50 and up and get 3k miles a week I would be signing my name , But not for running 3k miles and grossing $650.00-700.00 to the driver after expenses .

Ivory_Snow 12-26-2007 01:54 AM

Thanks

Well, was pretty sure I didnt want to go with them, especially after reading more on their website I found. We are pretty serious on going with Crete but brother in law said try Werner so I asked here. Dont want to be an o/o at this time, possibly never. Owned my own buisness for 10 years and not sure if I want that headache again. But I dont like being under a camera all day either (they put up cameras at our plant to watch all employees and write them up if they are caught going to the bathroom at a certain time or talking). Thanks again for the info, I think we'll stick to our current plans and go from there.