User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. He is looking at Arrow.I will let him do what he wants to do.He is a big boy.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Thanks for the info. He is looking at Arrow.I will let him do what he wants to do.He is a big boy.

It's good to work at a company like Werner , Because no matter what company you go to from there you can omly stay the same or improve , As you are alreadty swimming at the bottom of the barrel .
Old 01-04-2008, 08:43 PM

http://www.werner.com/content/res/drv/ops/longhaul/pay/

where did you get 26 cents?

this says 35! :shock:
Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtryanxpress
http://www.werner.com/content/res/drv/ops/longhaul/pay/

where did you get 26 cents?

this says 35! :shock:

Ah ha ...When I went through orientation the booklet also said SOLO drivers .35 at 1 yr...I had few choices besides werner in 2005 due to having 2 speeding tickets less than 12 months old , So when the 2 other class mates ,and I went to orientation ,and found out it was .26 starting ,and only .29 for your second year I was the only still in Werner orientation out the 3 of us....35 CPM is what teams make at 1 yr experience ...not Solo drivers...The highest pay you would see as a rookie would be about .31 CPM if you were to get on Office-max dedicate...I just left werner last November I had aboiu 2.5 years there ...I ws at .30 CPM I would only be seeing a penny raiase per year until year number 4 putting me at .32 cpm ...it takes a solo driver 10 years to reach .35 cpm at the...W...

Oh and that site is ...NOT...stating you to be making .35 CPM....it is "CLAIMING" that those are the potential earnings for that given experience level , So what they are saying is that those "POTENTIAL" wages potentialy break down to .35 CPM...Well .26 CPM X100k miles is only 26k which is fair to use .26 CPM ,as you are going to be running on HHG miles not practial ,So you will on average be running about 1 month out of the year for free because of being paid zip code to zip code which shorts you about 1 months worth of mileas per year ...plus that $325 a weeks during training ...Now it would take some damn good extra pay from your FM to make up that almost 10k that's missing for what they claim you will earn your first year,which your FM is not going to be handing out 10k in acessory money you will be hard pressed to get 40 dollars lay over pay and you better not get laid over on a weekend as if sunday breaks up your lay over you could sit for 3 days and not get JACK as sunday is not considered in your time spent sitting by Werner so you will not sit for 48 hours in a row ,because sunday sat in the middle of that lay over ...And 26k is based on you being out 4 weeks at a time and going home for 4 days giving you about 10 productive months at 10k miles per month totaling 100k miles...GOOD LUCK GETTING CONSISTANT miles...My very first FM told me Werner only needs 1800 miles to the truck to start making money on it ,so they only worry about getting you 1800-2200 miles per week .

Pay scale is as follows for 48/canada dry van

.26CPM once assigned your truck
.29CPM at 12 months experience
.30CPM At 2 years experience
.31CPM at 3rd year experience
.32 CPM at 4th yr experience

I can' t remember how the pay from .26 CPM increses to .29 at the 12th month but does in penny increments to .27 then .28...I don't rember the exact increase after from year 5 but it takes 10 years to reach .35 CPM , So at your tent year you would be earning .35 CPM into your 11 th year ...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The highest pay you would see as a rookie would be about .31 CPM if you were to get on Office-max dedicate...
Its higher than that....even for a "rookie".
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Quote:
The highest pay you would see as a rookie would be about .31 CPM if you were to get on Office-max dedicate...

Yes ...but his pay is going to be .26 CPM :wink: If Werner would pay the rest of fleet a wage that put them above the poverty line ,and not just select dedicated accounts, maybe they wouldn't have to send drivers fresh off their trainers trucks out on recoveries for abandoned trucks :shock: I can't remember if anyone else services the Office-max account ,as I really can't recall if there were any other mega carriers trailers in their yards ...But I do know that all the other companies that Pull for Sears/K-mart Wal-Mart ...YUCK Dollar General all make a good bit more for doing so than a Werner driver , So Werner might pay a dedicated driver better than non dedicated , but they still are cheap .
Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Drew10 wrote:
Quote:

Yes ...but his pay is going to be .26 CPM. Who are you refering to here? All drivers on the account are paid the same rate.If Werner would pay the rest of fleet a wage that put them above the poverty line ,and not just select dedicated accounts, maybe they wouldn't have to send drivers fresh off their trainers trucks out on recoveries for abandoned trucks I can't remember if anyone else services the Office-max account ,as I really can't recall if there were any other mega carriers trailers in their yards No other megacarriers, some small regional companies and Werner 48state van ...But I do know that all the other companies that Pull for Sears/K-mart Wal-Mart ...YUCK Dollar General all make a good bit more for doing so than a Werner driver , So Werner might pay a dedicated driver better than non dedicated , but they still are cheap .
Old 01-06-2008, 03:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Quote:
Drew10 wrote:
Quote:

Yes ...but his pay is going to be .26 CPM. Who are you refering to here? All drivers on the account are paid the same rate.If Werner would pay the rest of fleet a wage that put them above the poverty line ,and not just select dedicated accounts, maybe they wouldn't have to send drivers fresh off their trainers trucks out on recoveries for abandoned trucks I can't remember if anyone else services the Office-max account ,as I really can't recall if there were any other mega carriers trailers in their yards No other megacarriers, some small regional companies and Werner 48state van ...But I do know that all the other companies that Pull for Sears/K-mart Wal-Mart ...YUCK Dollar General all make a good bit more for doing so than a Werner driver , So Werner might pay a dedicated driver better than non dedicated , but they still are cheap .

1.He's not on Office-MAX
2.His starting pay will be .26CPM
3.I know my listing of Werners 48/Canada OTR payscale is correct for ..NON-DEDICATED .

4.He will have to live in a hiring area for Office-Max Or sears just to be considered ...CORRECT ?.Then He's still not guaranteed to get on that Account without being on a waiting list...CORRECT ?

5.The CPM pay rate on say Werners office-max dedicated is not above industry average pay it's just above average compared to what Werner pays it's non dedicated drivers ...Making it a gamble going with Werner as you a putting all your eggs in one basket hoping to get on one of a couple accounts that pay well ,but could make that money at many other OTR companies without having to be on a special account...CORRECT . :?: