User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey, it is better than the Target recieving job the Duffy could only land since he's never applied himself to anything else in life. It's amazing how many grown up retards there are working in warehouses for peanuts and then these retards become truckers thinking they've hit paydirt at 36k a year being gone from home 24/7. OTR would be very rewarding moneywise if it didn't allow all the scum of society to just jump behind the wheel. But no, here we've got child molestors, dope dealers, candy store burglers and people who've never had more of a fancy meal than Wendy's behind the wheels of America's trucks. Just go to any trucking company's parking lot and look where the driver's park their personal cars. All piles of shit just like the vehicles dudes who live in by the river own.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 AM

CB JR

let me ask you this, what about those of us who are not POS, and drive new cars? Some of us are just looking for a start and do not want to pay for a school out of our pocket. I am 42 retired (somewhat) and looking for a new direction in my life. The only ones who will take me on now are all the bottom feeders i keep hearing about. I'm willing to pay my dues just like everyone else and start from the bottom, learn the ropes and move on to better a better job. Not every one here is a scumbag just looking for a way to a meal, some of us are actually sucessful just looking for something different in their lives. I can assure you the cars I can and do drive, that will be parked in the lot, are better than anything you will ever be able to afford. I'm not a rich boy but I've had a blessed life and am looking for a new adventure.
If you want to start downgrading people because of how you perceive them, PM me I will Give you my cell and we can talk about all the things I have accomplished in my life, (without a high school education I might add). Some people take advantage of their breaks some don't, I did. I probably make more a month sitting on my a$$, that you do working, I'm not trying to put you down, but give a guy a break, maybe he needs it. BTW, if yopu are ever in the Fresno PM me, I,ll buy you lunch.

Mark
Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Default Re: well JEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman
They most likely keep real men like me away from the sissies, you know who you are.
Men, like myself would protect the load if a thief tried to steal it. Sissies, you know who, would let the punk , punk them out and take it away.

Well I wouldn't confuse being a real man with being real stupid ... :wink:
Amen to that. Personally...unless it's MY merchandise back there, I'm not going to get hurt or killed trying to stop someone from stealing it.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Board Regular

Was listening to Sirius Radio and the Safety man (can't remember his name) for Prime was on and the question about Prime hiring Felons came up. He had a good explanation and part of it surprised me. He said that if 25 drivers were applying for 20 positions, they undoubtedly would pick the ones without the felony record due to the fact that if that driver gets in an accident, or any other legal problem, the prosecution would be able to pull his criminal record and use it against them in court showing the person's past disregard for the law and that he apparently still does not respect the law.

What surprised me was that if they had a choice of two felons, they would prefer the assaultive/violent crime over the property crime. This makes sense when you think about it though since we handle thousands of dollars of property.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Board Regular

Any one of us can be convicted in a heartbeat on vehicular manslaughter charges if the circumstances are right and the prosecution is good. Just because someone has a manslaughter history doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad person. In today's world you can practically go to prison over looking crossed eye at the wrong person, it only takes the right circumstances.

Twenty fives years ago is a long time to continue to condemn someone when none of you even know the circumstances. No wonder ex-cons return to crime, for society is more than prepared to keep them in crime.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Board Regular

Wow, first it was all the "wrongfully" convicted dope dealers looking for a job and now we have sunk to a new low...murderers. Good God, is this industry that desperate for cheap wages and so resistant to change that we hire killers ? There's two sides to every story. Yours and the victims. When I hear the WHOLE story, then I might be a little more sympathetic...Sorry (not really-I feel more pity for your dead victim-after all, he can't defend himself now, can he ??). Road rage is anathema to this industry. We don't need someone with a proven track record of not being able to hold himself in check. And before you go off on a tirade of how it was the "other" guy's fault, point me to some FACTS and maybe I'll believe it. Until then, it's all "he said, she said"....Keep on driving that bobcat....
Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
Was listening to Sirius Radio and the Safety man (can't remember his name) for Prime was on and the question about Prime hiring Felons came up. He had a good explanation and part of it surprised me. He said that if 25 drivers were applying for 20 positions, they undoubtedly would pick the ones without the felony record due to the fact that if that driver gets in an accident, or any other legal problem, the prosecution would be able to pull his criminal record and use it against them in court showing the person's past disregard for the law and that he apparently still does not respect the law.

What surprised me was that if they had a choice of two felons, they would prefer the assaultive/violent crime over the property crime. This makes sense when you think about it though since we handle thousands of dollars of property.

He said that if 25 drivers were applying for 20 positions
His name is Don I think.
He sounds nice on the radio, but his main goal is to get new divers that will work for low pay, and treat there higher paid divers like crap hoping they will quit to keep the cycle going.

Trucking companies now a days are looking for employees that will work for free or less because the government keeps subsidising trucking schools and students, therefore these company's see no reason to pay there divers a fair wage.Always new blood on the market. If truckers stopped participating in training new drivers we would be in demand and our wages over time would go up.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm a punk. I'd let someone take my truck too, and I own it! :wink:
Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Where can an ex felon get a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman
I have a felony for manslaughter . 29 years ago. I have been turned down by every company I can find that will hire a new driver.
Any ideas ?
http://disilvatransportation.net/
Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Hey a real criminal would know how too break into the trucking business and kill anyone who would try to stop him. :shock: 8) Does all this mean that if people do things there own way, that they should all just go back to California. :?: NON UNION