LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Oh, and people like you JEEP that group everyone togethe

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman
Just because a person has a felony does not make them a thief , molester or whatever you twit. Some people just do not bow down and let some punk kill them just because they are related to the police captain.
Others , may have made a mistake in their life, but that does not mean they should not be given another chance. I realize that your holyness is most likely above doing any kind of wrong or making a bad decision but then the rest of us are not Gods. You must feel so lucky.

I was joking , about the segragation of Felons by felonies commited ...I don't know you , But I do beleive everyone should have the ability to earn a living , And you can't hold past crimes against a person for the rest of their life...But in my experience I have never seen a person charged/convicted/sentenced for a Felony without being guilty . , As most crimes circle around drugs/money and these 2 things lead to people putting themselves in circles that cause them legal issues.

Now yes I've made bad decisions like speeding before I got a CDL ,and I paid for that by having limited choices of employment ,And then for the last 3.5 years I've not sped , But I made a few mistakes at Werner like telling them I was leaving ,And was terminated ...this termination severly limits my employment opportunities for 6months-1yr so all the companies I had pre-hire with ...Crete ,CFI, And a few others won't touch me now for atleast 6 months . Now I do beleive a Felon desreves a chance , But 99% of the time the stories of an innocent man being Charged/Convicted/sentenced for crimes he did not commit are complete B.S. , And best left for TV specials ,and the BIG SCREEN , So i do beleive you need a chance ,And I hope you get it ...But sorry without knowing you I tend lean towards the side of convicted ,because you commited a crime not some movie-ish tales of corruption /conspriacy :wink:
Old 12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Rookie
Default stupid ?

No, stupid is letting some sidewalk commando kill you just because he can. I on the other hand am not going to just lay down and be killed.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Board Regular

Don't take this the wrong way Krazman, but you may want to check your attitude at the door when you go for the interviews.We all have chips on our shoulders, the trick is hiding them when the need arises. Best of luck in your search,and hang in there, as something will turn up. :wink:
Old 12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: stupid ?

Quote:
No, stupid is letting some sidewalk commando kill you just because he can. I on the other hand am not going to just lay down and be killed.

Ok lorenzo Lamas .
Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Rookie
Default no attitude

I do not have one. I am just stating the facts. It seems as though some just want to judge a person by what appears to be the facts. I do not think one should be grouped with rapists and child rapers and thieves just because of a felony. I am a good person. I just got stuck in a bad situation because of a drunk idiot.

To other replies:
Yes I did follow up on the good advice of a company that may hire me.
Yes I am for real. I would be the most grateful guy to ever drive a truck if some one would let me.
Big Jeep, I was only hanging shit on you because of that grouping comment. I just do not want to be grouped with a bunch of loser baby rapers and thieves. I am hard working honest guy. I just made the mistake of protecting myself in Kansas.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You see the gamut of society in this line of work: the homeless, the hobos, the convicted felons, and more.

They're the ones the McMega haulers seem to want most cause they'll happily pull for three hots and a cot. And dispatch knows there'll be no lip about illegal loads, equipment, hours, hometime, etc. It just makes it all that much harder for the law-abiding working class guy who's just trying to feed his family, put a roof over their heads, and gifts under the tree at X-mas time.

I wouldn't get outta bed for what some of these guys are makin'. I guess I'm lucky enough to be making a good buck in this biz and as long as I am I'll stick with it. But might as well call OTR the NFL = National Felons League.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
You see the gamut of society in this line of work: the homeless, the hobos, the convicted felons, and more.

They're the ones the McMega haulers seem to want most cause they'll happily pull for three hots and a cot. And dispatch knows there'll be no lip about illegal loads, equipment, hours, hometime, etc. It just makes it all that much harder for the law-abiding working class guy who's just trying to feed his family, put a roof over their heads, and gifts under the tree at X-mas time.

I wouldn't get outta bed for what some of these guys are makin'. I guess I'm lucky enough to be making a good buck in this biz and as long as I am I'll stick with it. But might as well call OTR the NFL = National Felons League.
clever..............idiot
Old 12-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug

clever..............idiot
Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Rookie
Default National Felons League

I can tell you that a violent felony is out of the question for this criminal industry. I suppose they do not want anyone that is going to go on an ax murdering rampage. Thieves are ok. Steal their load they do not care. It is just an insurance thing and billions are just passed on to the consumer so who cares.
I kill 1 guy in a fight that he started and I am out because I may just go all Ted Bundy on everyone.
I make more money operating a bobcat anyway. I work 8 hours a day and go home. Can't beat that. I get 13.00 hour and time 1/2 Saturday and double on Sunday. I work 7 days a week. I like it.
But, I would like to drive as I find it to be a great job also. If not for that lying Swift, I would still be driving.
As far as pulling for three hots and a cot. Well, I would not do that. I would be very willing to start out at the bottom. Hauling illegal ,well depends. A little over weight maybe. But too long will get someone killed and the driver a nice 20 year stay with the feds.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Default Re: National Felons League

Quote:
I make more money operating a bobcat anyway. I work 8 hours a day and go home. Can't beat that. I get 13.00 hour and time 1/2 Saturday and double on Sunday. I work 7 days a week. I like it.
Jeez...guys with a clean rap-sheet driving OTR are making less than that. No overtime and they live out of a sardine can to boot. It's a crying shame what that industry pays. No wonder the turnover is through the roof. Heck, I know drivers who made .30 cpm back in 1985!!! Here we are at 2007 and guys pulling for Werner are making less than .30 cpm. Unbelieveable!!!

Best stay put running that bobcat. Pays better and you sleep in your bed every night. I don't know why so many guys driving truck want to work so cheap. Like I said, I wouldn't get out of bed for what alot of these drivers are making.