LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
HarleyPiper,

Thank you for your patriotism. I'm sure that it meant alot to the families of the fallen service members. There are very few that can play the pipes well and I realize that it must have taken years to acquire such a skill. I have always found the pipes to be a very emotional and appropriate send off to the departed who served so honorably.

Once again, Thank you for doing this. I'm sure that it was of some comfort to the Service member's families, knowing that a "stranger" and fellow American valued their sacrifice so much that He would take the time to provide such a fitting tribute.

Safe travels,
Baldy
Thanks Baldy. It is a funny instrument. I've been at it for 13 yrs now. I am in 2 pipe bands and one being the Coast Guard so we get called for these once in awhile and my first time to Pipe at Arlington and what an honor to be asked and it really makes it worth all the effort when you see the expression of thanks from the family and how much they appreciate it.. when it really comes down to my appreciation for what they have done for the country. Cheers Man
Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon View Post
Crime in maine, didn't they just shut down for a month a couple months ago?
That they did. I believe once they come back online, theyll be shutting down for another 2 weeks after a 2 week run. I guess it really doesnt matter now because we lost the Dow account. QC has their hands on it now. I dont understand how or why, I know we were keeping Sappi very happy. QC and their 40000# rigs were only pulling 35000# of latex compared to us with a minimum of 47000#. They better be running just those Mack Visions and not the Petes...
Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCavi View Post
That they did. I believe once they come back online, theyll be shutting down for another 2 weeks after a 2 week run. I guess it really doesnt matter now because we lost the Dow account. QC has their hands on it now. I dont understand how or why, I know we were keeping Sappi very happy. QC and their 40000# rigs were only pulling 35000# of latex compared to us with a minimum of 47000#. They better be running just those Mack Visions and not the Petes...
Ouch. It's just been brutal. But, Superior is the best part time job I have ever had Too bad I need fulltime loot:cry:
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon View Post
Ouch. It's just been brutal. But, Superior is the best part time job I have ever had Too bad I need fulltime loot:cry:
Thats the most accurate statement ive seen in awhile. I havent been assigned a load since last week, luckily Ive been called in twice. I got a call today to pick up a load of caustic but I was out fishing. Its a double edge sword, I either sit home all day alone and hope for a call or go out and not be able to do the load if I get a call....
Old 04-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCavi View Post
Thats the most accurate statement ive seen in awhile. I havent been assigned a load since last week, luckily Ive been called in twice. I got a call today to pick up a load of caustic but I was out fishing. Its a double edge sword, I either sit home all day alone and hope for a call or go out and not be able to do the load if I get a call....
Hang in there, DDC. being unemployed and hunting for something else just absolutey stinks. :badmood: It's very depressing.

I was lucky in that my wife has a management job with one of the big box stores and, by nature, her and I live pretty simply, so when things got slow last fall we were in good shape; I could have gone on as a 'part-timer' for SPCR for awhile and survived OK but....:deal:

Anyhow, just wanted to poke my nose in and tell you I hope things start picking up again soon.

Pete C
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Board Regular

Hey Pete C. We just had a driver trainer who transferred in from Kankakee last fall leave last week to go flatbedding so he can take his wife along. They upgraded me to his truck. Don't know for sure but there may be an opening in High Point. Give Mac a call if its not too far away from you.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob View Post
Hey Pete C. We just had a driver trainer who transferred in from Kankakee last fall leave last week to go flatbedding so he can take his wife along. They upgraded me to his truck. Don't know for sure but there may be an opening in High Point. Give Mac a call if its not too far away from you.
THANKS!

I'll give him a call Monday....you don't think he'll remember me doing a few favors for him over at Sherwin Williams, do ya? lol

Even though I was technically a Nashville driver, I worked out of 064 for the last two years and had a 130 mile one-way ride to work so the commute to HP would be feasible for a system driver.

Thanks again...I'll give it a shot.

Pete C
Old 04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
THANKS!

I'll give him a call Monday....you don't think he'll remember me doing a few favors for him over at Sherwin Williams, do ya? lol

Even though I was technically a Nashville driver, I worked out of 064 for the last two years and had a 130 mile one-way ride to work so the commute to HP would be feasible for a system driver.

Thanks again...I'll give it a shot.

Pete C
Forgot to add that I'm in Waynesville, NC ....so about 190 miles away.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob View Post

wsyrob,
Just got off the phone with Mac and he's going to run it past his boss later today.:thumbsup: I owe you one buddy! :cheers:

I could tell he didn't remember me, but he did recognize my employee # when he pulled it up on the computer as it's one of the old Central Transport numbers and I originally hired in out of High Point anyway, so some common ground with him anyway.

I'll let yo know how it goes, too...

Pete C
Old 04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

:thumbsup:

Good deal! Hope it works out for ya Pete.

Wsyrob, how the condition and mileage on that old FLD you got out of?

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."