User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Stanley, I had a conversation with a BP driver last night at the BP Indy-Tibbs Ave.terminal.
They're out-date is around 15 November. He has 18.5 years of service in and told me about his severance. You are my new best friend OTX!

I have a lot of friends at "BP" who are out of work by the end of the year. Saw several BP units the last 3 days which have already been "De-IDed" except for "Operated by BP Products North America" on the doors.

I wouldn't have made any more money if I had held on the extra 5 years...so I did ok.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?

Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!!
Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!!
I think the loader at Belpre said the operations were being moved to Pakistan. Been to Indian River quite a few times on the delivery end.

Question for anyone who cares to respond, what product is the biggest pain to off-load?

Wax seems to be a real pain, but at least you get to air it off. Pumping resin's is just a sticky mess.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Talking My new "old" ZJ!

Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

I'll be back later on with a "normal" post. Y'all be safe and have fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1019081109.jpg (63.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1019081344.jpg (70.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 1019081108.jpg (89.3 KB, 16 views)

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 10-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Default Leaving Superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post

Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch
Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Board Regular

Where are you going geargrinder.

I have seen a slowdown as well but my terminal seems to have enough dedicated runs to keep us busy. I have only been in the system twice in the last 6-8 weeks or so. This week I got 3,000 miles with Thurs off. Ran empty out and loaded back twice. Left Monday early back by 4 PM Wed, Out Friday early and will be home Sunday afternoon.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch
Good luck man. You just gotta find the company that is the right fit for you.

Superior will have to fire me before I leave. But IMO Atlanta is one of the best terminals in the company, which is my home terminal.

The terminal you run out of is the main thing IMO. Some just don't have very much freight.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:08 AM
Senior Board Member

how does new jersey stack up..............?????

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER View Post
how does new jersey stack up..............?????
I went to the school with a guy from Jonesboro NJ, he left with in a year. He was also having a hard time getting miles. There is a favoritism thing going on down there from what he explains. Our terminal as well has slowed down. I have been running back and for to Quebec for the past 2-3 weeks. As geargrinder said there does seem to be that they want to get the inbound drivers right out which doesn't leave much for the home terminal drivers. I see IC guys going to Fla, Ms, Ky and co. drivers running to Canada. It's not bad but we always deadhead back.

BOL geargrinder