User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

if u have read the other post about celadon you see its a bad time to come to celadon i even herd a rumor that steve is looking to sell but i dont kow how much truth there is to that
Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Default Re: SPELLING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
Sorry about that was trying to hurry so my son could get on ,and fogot to check it over.NO NO I'm a mexican just a very bad typer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Oh I understand that one, my son "was" always down my throat to hurry, he got a new computer for Christmas . He is happy and so AM I!

No problemo, I don't care about what race you are or if you have bad spelling/grammar issue's just wanted to make sure you wasn't to 'INTOXICATED" to drive that 18 wheeler >

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 AM

Cat 6869. Check your spelling. You need to monitor yourself. How do you spell 'yourself'?? We all make little mistakes or rather our fingers and keyboards do. ops:
Old 01-04-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmegobye
Cat 6869. Check your spelling. You need to monitor yourself. How do you spell 'yourself'?? We all make little mistakes or rather our fingers and keyboards do. ops:
You got me there it's "yourself" so I was bad on my spelling :shock:
Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Rookie
Default celadon a part time job

averaging 1500 miles a week this job is taking me down all my bills are due and i don't have money to pay was promised 2300 miles a week. the vacation is a hook to real in drivers don't bite on it. Maybe it will get better expect 1500 to 1800 miles anything more is wish full thinking if it does get get better i'll be sure to put the word out
Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM

I agree with the days off statement in this post and about the dipatchers dropping like flies. If you do loose your dispatcher then you will go through 3-4 weeks of hell until you get a new one. They will constantly switch you around to other peoples boards until they get you where they want you. The good thing was no one was really watching me while I was running during these times so my miles were up consistently, just no one knew(or cared) to take care of any problems I had. 2+3=0 here on the days off. I never saw any of the mexican drivers everyone is talking about though. Maybe I was lucky in laredo because everytime I hit the border I was gone inside of an hour or so but, I also never hit there on a saturday. I averaged 2642 mpw there through almost a year and they are much better than some carriers and worse than others.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Rookie
Angry celadon good and bad

i went to celadon after almost 2 yrs at swift my pay was 34cpm i was in a class with only 14 other ppl 1 was 73 yo he had retired from celadon and was coming back but couldnt pass the DOT physic. after class was done 2 more left cause they couldnt get a truck right away leavin 11 sat in motel all weekend come monday got shipped to nashville for truck got paid a comcheck for wait time walked into truck with a little over $300 in my pocket not to shabby for 3 days of nothing (in my mind):clap: got rolling and never was paid $35 or whatever it was for traveling to nashville i looked over it after complaining a bunch of times about not getting this money to no aval this was in april ran and ran and ran good miles 2800 to 3400 per week wasnt too bad i had some problems with truck never got breakdown pay sat a weekend fri sat sun and mon and never got layover btw rule is that u dont get layover till after 48hrs of sitting and come to find out when i ask about it u dont get layover on any holiday or days around that u may have to sit i started in april got my first bonus in early july :thumbsdown: in nov. i sat for a week cause shop had found the rear main seal on truck was leaking so they sent me to dealer i sat there 3 days to get it fixed the dealer called me at the motel and told me it was fixed so i went over to get my truck at 11am come 6pm they said it was all back together but... it needs a cluch some springs were broke in it so back to the motel i went after the argued with celadon and eaton for 2 more days celadon brought them a cluch from waxahachie shop so a total week down and i got a load 2 stops 350 mi. so i delivered first stop on my way to next stop was climbing a hill in ark on 540 and had to down shift i went for the cluch and it went to the floor so i floated and got the load to the delivery and into the doc (with no cluch at all) so while sitting there i called break down this was nov 25th and i was due home for thankgiving in upper mo so i asked them if i could limp it home and get it fixed while i was at home or when i came back out they said no and sent me to a dealer in springdale they fixed it and on the way out i got into a accident i t-boned a pick-up no injuries low speed impact damage to pickup was deemed over $5000 (it was a 2005) so it was counted as a major accident (understandably) i took my week vacation wich i had just earned coming out of dealer in dallas so i could settle down from accident (my first preventable involving another vech.) when i was due to leave back out at 8am on mon. i sent messages for load and nothing come 350pm (indy time) dm called and said i was on saftey hold by the time she switched me over they were gone so when i got ahold of them the next day they said i was suspended till the outcome of court on the ticket and the lady told me i had to have proof it was taking care of then i could return to work so i called city attorney in springdale and they said if i came down there the fee would be about $75 all together and ticket would be dropped so i called the lady in saftey and told her i had to be preant to sign papers and pay fee and it would be dropped i asked to be let go on a trip thru there and i would have everything she needed she turned me down and i ended up havin to pay it thru the mail $130 i was suspended for a month while getting this taken care of then on top of the receipt of payment wich list my name dob ss# offense amount paid and 0 balance she insisted she needed a copy of the orig ticket so i asked if i could be released because i wanted to quit i couldnt afford sitting any longer and had another company that would take me she said i could quit but i wasnt safe to drive so they would come get truck and trailer and put abandment tuck on my dac so i called the court and got that mailed to celadon cause they wont fax out of the state of ar. i got released and ran a load 250 mi. (normal load) to sw ky and delivered that day (dec. 30th) so i asked for another load being that i had many hours left and got a dh order to indy so i messaged and asked why im goin to indy the lady said "maybe ull get a load in the morning" so i called and informed her i wasnt brand new that someone was routing me to indy and id like to know who it was she told me my dm routed me there and left message that i needed to see saftey in morning i figured since i had sat 30 days maybe i just needed some saftey class since this was my first major accident ever (i had one minor with swift where i had hit a curb and blew a tire) so i walk in and the guy tells me u got 10 pts for accident and 10 pts for ticket our limit is 20 and ur gone sorry so after sitting a whole month suspended they fired me i look back on it and this is the pros and cons

u do get $1000 when finally reachthat point
make on average $400 to $700 per week (if lucky)
as long as u hual any load over 20k u will not see the 66mph limit its u will be at 62
celadon is not second chance ppl
u will compete with mexico and canada drivers for loads u come last
truck will be spotless inside and out (if done like its supose to)
u will hual leftovers from jbhunt and other lrge companies (loads their drivers dont want or cant get to
they fail to reburse for some tolls and straps and stuff

i can go on and on all around i look back and see both good and bad altogether i wouldnt recommend them the $1000 is a trick (carrot as they call it) to make up for low pay and no miles and a way to make ppl stay DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! dont even go i havent got my copy of my dac report yet that i have paid for it should be here soon so i dont know what damage they done there with a recent major accident/ticket/being fired i have 3 bad things aginst me right there i am trying hard and have tried both large and small companies and one of the 3 always knocks me out so im stuck i will prob. have to move back to illinois and return to my old road construction job
Old 01-10-2009, 09:30 PM

[/QUOTE]u do get $1000 when finally reachthat point
make on average $400 to $700 per week (if lucky)
as long as u hual any load over 20k u will not see the 66mph limit its u will be at 62
celadon is not second chance ppl
u will compete with mexico and canada drivers for loads u come last
truck will be spotless inside and out (if done like its supose to)
u will hual leftovers from jbhunt and other lrge companies (loads their drivers dont want or cant get to
they fail to reburse for some tolls and straps and stuff[/QUOTE]

Ok, I got though everything you said here, I think. If you were running 2800-3400 miles and only gettin a check for 4-700 what were your deductions like? I was averaging about 900 a week take home.

Secondly on the loads over 20k lbs how did your speed go down so much? Unless you have high idle time your speed will not reduce to 62. If your speed went down with a heavier load maybe there was something else wrong with your truck.

Next, I never even once saw a Jaguar (celedon mexico) truck to compete with. As far as competing with the Canadian drivers, they can only go one way, back to Canada. If your in Canada you can only go one way. So how did you have to compete with them?

Also, I don't see how you gathered that all your loads were leftovers from jb hunt and other large companies. Some of the places I delivered to, yes there were jb hunt trailers, swift trailers, schneider trailers but those places are huge shippers or recievers with several carriers in there.

How in the world did they fail to reimburse you? Did you forget to put in the reimbursement macro? Even if you did all you have to do is tell your dispatcher and She/he will put it in for you. I was reimbursed for every dime I spent out while I was with them.

Yeah grant it I left them too, because they cant add days off correctly. (I dont deal with people who mess with my pay or hometime) I think there is more to the story here because Ive seen drivers there who had a major accident with a ticket and they are still driving for them.(even when they got the ticket while driving there.)
Old 01-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Rookie
Default reply to thbogle

th first off when u drop from over 2500 mi/wk to 1800 or a little more then yes ur pay does drop i was staying out anywhere from 3 wks to 2 months and i never idled NEVER do me a favor call kathy via (my old dm) and ask her if my idle hovered around 2 to 5% with the exception of right before i was fired cause i sat at home and i would go out and let it run a hr or 2 a wk to keep the charge and keep everything lubed second off i revealed everything in my history from jobs to accidents to tickets u have no right to judge with out asking as far as the pay part i have 2 straps in my shed that i was able to fit in my bags cause they never paid me back for them yes i got advance for them on way to pick up the load and yes i sent for po# right them and wrote it on transflo sheet as far as the large company loads stuff i know for a fact cause i left the house on trip to reno it was a good run one of the best ive had 2000 mi. and 4.5 days to get it there good millage fair delivery time i got out there and delivered that morning had time set for 2 hrs after delivery time i was unloaded in 45min. i sent macro 8 saying i was ready for load then followed it up with free form to dm saying i was empty sooner then i thought and i was ready for a load i sat 47.5 hrs a half hour off from layover pay then got a load going back east to ohio BOOKED BY JB HUNT not celadon not a broker JB HUNT i got there and checked in gave the pu# and they said ok jb back into door __ i looked around like a idiot cause i was the only driver in there he pointed to me and said u jb hunt? i told him no and he read off the pu# i said that my load and he got me into the door second i was in a town about 20 miles south of richmond i had delivered to a walmart dc and they hd no mty's after 24 hrs sitting i got a load out of Red Oak, Va. and had to go to the richmond yard to get a mty got to red oak to load (wood chips) going to white hall illinois got there gave my pu# and dest. waited around a lil bit me and another driver were there after about 30 to 45 min. he called out "Schneider?" once again this confused look on my face i thought to myself "i didnt see a pumpkin out there" remind u u can only fit about 4 to 5 trucks in this driveway/parking lot and that means no one could get thru so we asked for dest. and he called out mine and i compared pu# he pointed me to the 1 of 2 docks they had and i called celadon (after hrs) and they dipatch indeed confirmed it was booked from Schneider National i spent 8 hrs detention on this loading because it had to all be stacked by hand as it came off the line i asked the guy why they didnt get drop and hook in there being that they had land to expand his reply was "thats why Schneider is supose to be here" so being the nice guy that i am i found out their bags that they put the wood chips in come out of canada i told him celadon can handle that and any other loads they have that he might want to check into it so he asked me to call dispatch get a name and # of someone he could call the next day and see about charges and such in the end he told me if celadon had a fair price they would indeed end up hauling 18 to 20 lds per wk out i never got a thanks from celadon and never got paid detention for my 8 hrs detained +2 free = 10 hrs i sat another thing i dont know when u worked for them but the guy from stoops was in there reprograming the chips and told me they were set up for 6.4mpg if u drop below that ur speed drops however he did show me where he turned up the horse power its not easy to make 6.4 mpg with 40k in the box and climbing any hills at all..... i dont know what loads u hauled or how long u worked there or when u worked there all these things factor in but like everyone says celadon is a bottom feeder and dont have a whole lot of "accounts" i could care less about drop and hook freight or not just as long as they could broker a load quickly if i was in a bad spot i dont know what else to tell u bud but i KNOW what i know and thats it i wouldnt make things up cause its useless u can believe it or not the reason i posted MY EXPERIENCE here is for others to make their mind up about this company i cant tell someone avoid it like aids or nothing but i can advise other on what happen to me (not all celadons fault) and i can advise them to go somewhere else if possible i will admit this the accident was my fault i had my way about it the ticket would have been dropped and not on my record if i could of i would have quit after being home for 2 or three wks but let me let u in on a little in site i have been asked by friends that r drivers both new and veterans why i didnt quit when i got to indy well first off i had been off a month with no pay and needed diapers for my boys 2 i thought worst thing they were gonna do is make me take safety training and let me go or something along them lines(i was just happy to be kinda sorta running) and was trying to run and get my bills caught back up then i would see about quiting or whatever i needed to do do i think it was fowl of them to fire me after being suspended for a month i do to the fullest believe it was fowl they knew after the second wk and the icing on the cake was that i ran a load before being fired but a week or 2 earlyer i wasnt safe to drive their truck to them to quit other then that i dont know what to tell u i got a list of 20 to 30 places that i have to call today stay safe - nick
Old 01-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Ok, a few things happened to you a couple times and now they are all bad. I'm sure your upset, and yes I think they done you wrong too. I just left their in Oct. and things weren't bad then (at least that I could tell).Maybe I got outta there just before the bubble burst. But, when you hear other people getting mad at the terminals about no miles or the comany is doing this, it gets a little old and you always find out there is a reason why the things are happening to them. Maybe there is a reason they said I had no hometime because they wanted me to keep running hard. Maybe I wasnt on the good driver list anymore. I dont know and nor do I care. Would I go back to Celadon? Yes if I wanted to go back to driving. Overall they were good to me but, thats what happened to me, better than most of the companies I've drove for.