User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
The company, Mike Brooks, Inc, that I have been with for a little over 8 years has a "forced dispatch" policy, but we have a batch of dispatchers that have a brain as well.

I am usually offered options on loads, and at the very least, I am asked if a I can do a run. I have never had a problem when I turned down a run due to hours. I will meet them halfway sometimes by picking up a load and getting it to an area where I can relay it off to another truck, get in a break, and by then they have another load in the area to grab.

It does take a team effort, but forced dispatch is not a "evil" to live with. If it done right, it really isn't hardly noticable. If drivers are abused, it is time to move on.
This is a very good point Copperhead makes...and a good attitude he has about the 'team work' part.
I've experienced both Forced Dispatch and now the No Forced Dispatch companies...
both have advantages/disadvantages
Let's take hometime:
here at a NO Forced Dispatch operation- If I need a load to get me home, the company has to "ask/beg" the driver ...If, he wouldn't mind giving up his load--to get me home." If it's a good run, or lets say I live on the Left Coast....I could be SOL- he might not "want" to give up that load.
Do you see here- an advantage to Forced Dispatch.