User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
5-6, 10-14 hours of seat time is just pathetic. You are in what is called a "CDL mill". I went to SAGE and got 46 hours of drive time with 1-on-1 instruction. You will need a lot of training with the company you go with. Hell, even with 46 hours in school I still need a lot of training. I am with a small company that is providing great training. Does your school provide placemment assistance? Where are you from? If you would let us know we would be able to help you better.
I did a post on the school- NETTTS RI. I think I even mentioned they were a mill. If the seat time your referring to is a total of the entire school then we did get quite a bit of that doing manuevers. But as far as a 1 on 1 on the road, then it was 5-6 hrs. I agree, I will need more training and the company I'm going to be working with will start me on local for 2 weeks before they send with an OTR trainer. I was lucky, it all came pretty natural for me for someone who has never driven T.T.. I saw guys there that didn't belong on a big wheel never mind a T.T. but they were pushing them thru. I even met a guy who had been there a yr. now. Amazing!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Board Regular

sorry about the double post!