LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWulf
So CFM, I do hope you had enough sense to at least stop and see if the driver was ok, or at the least report it to the authorities so they could check.
Judging by the gist of his post, my money would be on the negative answer to that question... :shock:
Yeah, I'm afraid you're probably right about that. :roll:
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The truck isn't actually on the side of the road per se, it's parked in a street off the main drag that was started for an industrial park and never completed. The street is directly across from a food warehouse and alot of sleeper trucks park there when they're empty or overnight for an early AM delivery. I'll wager that the police probably think it's just another trucker taking a break and don't realize it's been sitting there all that time.

No there's nobody in that truck. The sleeper curtains are wide open and you can see into it as you drive by. It's definitely been cleaned out: there's a length of wire hanging down in front of the windshield from where the CB probably was.

So I took everyone's advice and thought I'd do the right thing and call TRL and tell them about their missing truck. I call thier 800# in the morning and some lady in recruiting picks up the phone. I give her the scoop and she says "You want operations...CLICK". Music plays. Another guy picks up the phone and says "Yeah?". I tell him about the truck and he says "Oh another one, huh? OK thanks, we'll send someone to get it ASAP" LOL. Sure enough, drove by there at 5:00 PM and that truck was gone.

Pretty hilarious. Abandoned equipment is just par for the course at these coolie carriers. :lol:
Old 11-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
The truck isn't actually on the side of the road per se, it's parked in a street off the main drag that was started for an industrial park and never completed. The street is directly across from a food warehouse and alot of sleeper trucks park there when they're empty or overnight for an early AM delivery. I'll wager that the police probably think it's just another trucker taking a break and don't realize it's been sitting there all that time.

No there's nobody in that truck. The sleeper curtains are wide open and you can see into it as you drive by. It's definitely been cleaned out: there's a length of wire hanging down in front of the windshield from where the CB probably was.

So I took everyone's advice and thought I'd do the right thing and call TRL and tell them about their missing truck. I call thier 800# in the morning and some lady in recruiting picks up the phone. I give her the scoop and she says "You want operations...CLICK". Music plays. Another guy picks up the phone and says "Yeah?". I tell him about the truck and he says "Oh another one, huh? OK thanks, we'll send someone to get it ASAP" LOL. Sure enough, drove by there at 5:00 PM and that truck was gone.

Pretty hilarious. Abandoned equipment is just par for the course at these coolie carriers. :lol:
HAHAHA , Good stuff
Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Heck, CFM!!

You could have made a nice chunk of change by selling that truck at the flea market!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Heck, CFM!!

You could have made a nice chunk of change by selling that truck at the flea market!!
LOL! Should have got out the jack and lug wrench and popped the tires off. $300/ea. Looked like aluminum rims, to boot. What's on the trailer? Might be a load of Tbones. And I hear Earl Scheibs does a pretty good $99 paint job.

Heh, I could never steal anything. I wouldn't even buy something I knew was stolen. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. 8)
Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Heck, CFM!!

LOL! Should have got out the jack and lug wrench and popped the tires off. $300/ea. Looked like aluminum rims, to boot. What's on the trailer? Might be a load of Tbones. And I hear Earl Scheibs does a pretty good $99 paint job.

Heh, I could never steal anything. I wouldn't even buy something I knew was stolen. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. 8)

I could sleep at night, just not in the day.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Rookie

I drove for T R L breifly ..

Real Dirtbags...

T.hieving.

R.otten

L.iars

It wouldn't suprise me a bit that the driver abandoned it..