Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Abandoned TRL truck and trailer on roadside (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30472-abandoned-trl-truck-trailer-roadside.html)

10-31-2007 01:19 AM

Abandoned TRL truck and trailer on roadside

It seems that a disgruntled employee has left a TRL truck and trailer on the side of the road along my route...at least from the looks of it anyway. It's been sitting there for about 2 weeks and it hasn't moved. Truck #21005 hooked up to a reefer unit.

2 weeks...if that trailer has red meat, I wouldn't wanna be the poor SOB who opens the doors on that sucker LOL.

If anyone is affiliated with TRL company or management, please send me an e-mail or PM and I will give you the exact location so you can retreive it. For a small finder's fee, of course. 8)

Maybe if you paid your drivers a decent wage and treated them with more respect, you wouldn't have these types of problems.

Uturn2001 10-31-2007 01:50 AM

Did you ever consider the possibility that the truck was not abandoned and that maybe the driver had a heart attack and died.

Do everyone a favor and notify the local police and let them take it from there.

Drew10 10-31-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Did you ever consider the possibility that the truck was not abandoned and that maybe the driver had a heart attack and died.

Do everyone a favor and notify the local police and let them take it from there.

I was thinking the same thing, Youve seen it for 2weeks and havent bothered to have it checked out. That aint right. CFM you must really have a problem with road drivers.
Tell me where its at, Ill call TRL for you!!!

toddbs98 10-31-2007 02:08 AM

I can't believe the police haven't bothered to check out the truck or had it towed in two weeks. Seems if my car breaks down its stickered to be towed in a matter of minutes.

dle 10-31-2007 04:47 AM

I was thinking along the same lines.

After seeing the truck there after a few days, why didn't you call the police? Why didn't the police stop to investigate?

I got onto the TRL web site and found a couple of e-mail addresses and shot a quick note to them.

Smooth 10-31-2007 05:47 AM

You would think they would know it hasn't moved because of there satellite system . Maybe there to lazy to get another driver to take it back to a terminal .

10-31-2007 02:48 PM

because CFM was in big hurry to get on here and tell us how horrible it is to be otr driver and that guy just had enough and quit. everyone should have it as well as CFM. what does he do by the way?

SilverWulf 10-31-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
You would think they would know it hasn't moved because of there satellite system . Maybe there to lazy to get another driver to take it back to a terminal .

Or, like most drivers who are pissed enough to abandon a truck, the satellite or part of it's system is disabled. If so, the truck is non-existant, they not only don't know it hasn't moved but they don't even know it's missing unless someone manually goes into the system and notices they can't find it.

So CFM, I do hope you had enough sense to at least stop and see if the driver was ok, or at the least report it to the authorities so they could check.

coalregion 10-31-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverWulf
So CFM, I do hope you had enough sense to at least stop and see if the driver was ok, or at the least report it to the authorities so they could check.

Judging by the gist of his post, my money would be on the negative answer to that question... :shock:

beeiatch 10-31-2007 09:26 PM

Probably waiting for a lumper.