User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the information VitoCorleone99. As I said, I’ve never pulled for CFI, I just called them the other day to see if any changes had been made since the buyout, and was only repeating what the CFI recruiter told me.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Drivers United
Thank you for the information VitoCorleone99. As I said, I’ve never pulled for CFI, I just called them the other day to see if any changes had been made since the buyout, and was only repeating what the CFI recruiter told me.
You're not the first one to post something on here, coming from a recruiter, that is way off base regarding the merger. It seems to me that the most notable recent one was someone who was given the impression that we (CFI) were now doing the hiring for ConWay LTL jobs. False. I think they have some serious communication flaws down there, but as long as they keep putting butts in the seats, it doesn't appear to matter.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99

David Perkins
Webmaster/Veteran Truck Driver
www.TruckDriversUnited.com
They gave you some BS information. It's nowhere remotely close to 20%.

I imagine they were trying to convey that it's around 80% drop/hook, with the other 20% being live unload.

(That's a pretty rosy scenario to me, I'd say more like 65/35, but anyway...). In a year and a half, I've had one driver unload. Six pallets, 500 pounds each, took ten minutes. I got $17.50/hr with a two hour minimum, so I would take that $35 for ten minutes every day of the week if I had the choice.[/quote]

Drop/Hook is not always the panecea that it is purported to be. You frequently wind up dropping a trailer that you had in proper operating condition, to swap out for another trailer that may have frozen brake lines, mechanical deficiencies, lights out or missing, tires that are either flat, blown, or seriously underinflated, or registration papers that have expired.

There is a myriad of other potential problems as well.

Live load/unload??

I'd hop back into the sleeper & cat nap!! Fingerprinting?? I never touched any freight that I hauled which can be good, but also very bed as well; I came off of the road and spent the next two years battling high blood pressure & high cholesteral levels, as result of the long, but rather sedentary hours that I spent driving.

I never drove for CFI, but overall, their equipment looks very good, and from what I know of them, they & Melton Flatbedders are a clear cut above their competition.

IMHO, with one exception, their drivers always stood out as top notch as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
...IMHO, with one exception, their drivers always stood out as top notch as well.[/color]
I'm pretty much a deadbeat, but since we've never met I guess I can't be that exception. :wink:

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Debt has nothing to do with it piece of work I realize you are in the lead in the recruiting contest whoopie do da but lets be honest miles come and go. We have been sitting a lot more since the merger not just me and my wife a lot of people. All you are intersted in is saying whatever it takes to win the yukon in the recruiting contest.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default I have some quest?ons about CFI

-What is D.O.T. physical ?
I have medical Examination certificate which is 2 year.But it will expire in 6 months.Do I need to get new one during application to CFI.

-What is average mile for new truck driver weekly?
Can I start in any team for OTR after training?

- How much new drivers make approximately?