User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Hey pal. I'll have you know that the dances with the farm animals has always treated drivers that way.........

What do you expect from someone in a office who has never driven a truck?
I dont treat all drivers bad, I treat most of them with respect. This is known by many people on this board who have talked to be off this board.
The only people I treat with disrespect are people like you cluggy. You have done nothing to earn my respect.

I havent ever been a Chef either, but i know bad food when I taste it.
For the record, I have driven a truck and made money at it....just not legally :wink: I have a buddy who owns a manufacturing company in dallas. Many many years ago he had a load that went from dallas to Del Rio. His driver didnt like making long runs because he had testicular cancer. So he would pay me 900 bucks to run the load on the back roads down to del rio. I did this run about once a month for a year. Knowing what I know about the industry today, I would never do anything so stupid like drive a truck without a CDL. But when you are in your 20s and a stuggling college student, when someone offers you 900 bucks for about 24 hours of easy work...you take it.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Hey pal. I'll have you know that the dances with the farm animals has always treated drivers that way.........

What do you expect from someone in a office who has never driven a truck?
I dont treat all drivers bad, I treat most of them with respect. This is known by many people on this board who have talked to be off this board.
The only people I treat with disrespect are people like you cluggy. You have done nothing to earn my respect.

I havent ever been a Chef either, but i know bad food when I taste it.
For the record, I have driven a truck and made money at it....just not legally :wink: I have a buddy who owns a manufacturing company in dallas. Many many years ago he had a load that went from dallas to Del Rio. His driver didnt like making long runs because he had testicular cancer. So he would pay me 900 bucks to run the load on the back roads down to del rio. I did this run about once a month for a year. Knowing what I know about the industry today, I would never do anything so stupid like drive a truck without a CDL. But when you are in your 20s and a stuggling college student, when someone offers you 900 bucks for about 24 hours of easy work...you take it.
Ahh, you mean people who don't agree with you, or your company. Well, for the record, I don't need your respect. And your posting on this board will speak louder than I ever could.

Oh yea, as to your simple attempt of identifying yourself with the drivers on this board. You would have done better not to mention anything. A real driver of today would look at your experience as patheticly lacking. Go pass that BS off on someone else. If you can't verify it, it never happened. But if you want to go with that to state your qualifications as a driver, I worked as a hospital corpsman many years ago, but it doesn't make me a doctor. As most would say, I am missing much of the real world experience along with years of training.

And I would say the same to you as to your "driving experience".

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Ive never tried to indentify myself with drivers on this board, other than we are in the same industry.
You said I have never driven a truck, I just pointed out that I have.
Who cares if its verifyable...its not like I would need it on my resume' for anything.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Ive never tried to indentify myself with drivers on this board, other than we are in the same industry.
You said I have never driven a truck, I just pointed out that I have.
Who cares if its verifyable...its not like I would need it on my resume' for anything.
A laughable responce, at best. :lol:

By the way, you should indentify yourself with the janitor. At least he tries to keep things clean. Oh wait....you picked up that paper not too long ago. I guess we can call you a janitor as well. :roll:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Senior Board Member

I have no problem picking up trash or doing anything else for the corporation I work for. Ive always given my employers 100% and go beyond what they ask of me. This is one of the keys to success in any job someone might have. You would NEVER hear me say to any employer I might have the words, "THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS HIRED TO DO" or " IM NOT DOING THAT FOR FREE"
Old 08-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

how old are you cluggy? 8?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Board Regular

Whatever Sheepdander. You Wrote:

I have to add that to the list of my qualifications...this should be a no brainer, but DRESS PROFESSIONALLY FOR THE INTERVIEW.

Your closing remarks are in caps on public forum reiterating a point to the entire forum..not addressing a single individual. :roll:
Your words not mine, but I will be happy to call you Craig if you prefer.
OK Sheila?

Skippy
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Again, Corky....I was addressing and explaining the one driver who was stupid enough to wear a bathing suit to a 85K a year job interview...And once again, I wasnt refering to drivers as a group. And DAMN RIGHT from now on anyone I send to an interview for that job I am going to tell them to dress professionally. His non professionalism cost me a lot of money and time. NOW PAY ATTENTION...IM GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN FOR YOU SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO REMIND ANYONE IN ANY INDUSTRY THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO AN INTERVIEW FOR A HIGH PAYING JOB TO DRESS PROFESSIONALLY.
AGAIN...I wasnt commenting on truck drivers in general.

Sheesh......Are you dating cluggy or something?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Board Regular

Like I said Craig, your words not mine. Nope, im not dating Cluggy. Richard Cranium. I mean Sheepdander. :lol: Your just full of Praxair and yourself. btw your caps are stuck on again...

Skippy Corky
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Rookie

I don't know why you guys are ripping on SheepD. He's just telling it like it is. I didn't see in his post that he was pointing fingers at anyone. I'm a supervisor where i work and I do the hiring there also. You'll be surprised what some people would wear for an interview. Anyone with a high school education knows to wear proper clothing for a job interview. If someone showed up wearing a bathing suit for a interview, he doesn't deserve to work for McDonald's as far as I'm concerned.