User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Headborg- Are you still thinking of leaving Shaffer?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Headborg- Are you still thinking of leaving Shaffer?
it's beyond "thinking" now-- unless they suddenly change a key policy( requiring haz-mat 45days after my hire date) or quietly let me know not to worry about it--not.

and their "zone dispatch" is really worthless-- the dispatchers just push a button and no one's watching to see which trucks are hurting for miles that week or not- it's just playing "hot potato" and passing driver from one zone to the next. One crap load after the next.

whom do you work for? you got a suggestion in mind? sorry to take this thread off topic-- so YZW don't answer here......out of respect of original poster. This is suppose to be Q&A about SRT.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Rookie

Indiana does not send a letter to your residence-they send it to the employer, notifying them that they need to correct the issues within 14 days, or the driver will be declared medically disqualified to drive a commercial vehicle.

Schneider did the same thing when I moved to Indiana.

But oh well, I finally got on with a small company that hauls refrigerated freight-Hirschbach Motor Lines-including having a contract with Blue Bunny. Average time out is 7-21 days, with 2-3 days home. They don't say whether it is weekends or not-just the 2-3 days home-which is ok with me. I prefer to stay out 4 weeks, and home for 5-works out well for myself and my better half.