User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trucking Companies and CDL Points...

What companies will hire a driver with 6 points on a FULLY endorsed CDL? I've got 2 speeding tickets for 65 in a 55, 1 which is on a motorcycle, and the other in a Commercial vehicle. Then I've got an at fault NON-preventable "Marked Lanes" accident. (My lug nuts scraped the fender/tire of a car that attempted to sneek around me at a turn!)
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Points/Employment

I'm guessing none until some of your "events' drop off your record. There's a section on this site that shows by company, the most infractions they'll accept for a potential driver. BOL
Old 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Board Regular

Most companies will take 3 tickets in the last 3 years. Felonies after 10 years.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Points/Employment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealord
I'm guessing none until some of your "events' drop off your record. There's a section on this site that shows by company, the most infractions they'll accept for a potential driver. BOL
Wheres that at??? I did a search but came up empty???
Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Board Regular

Try Omar Shitrun Trucking in Bumf*ck, Egypt.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Trucking Companies and CDL Points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
What companies will hire a driver with 6 points on a FULLY endorsed CDL? I've got 2 speeding tickets for 65 in a 55, 1 which is on a motorcycle, and the other in a Commercial vehicle. Then I've got an at fault NON-preventable "Marked Lanes" accident. (My lug nuts scraped the fender/tire of a car that attempted to sneek around me at a turn!)

the only way to get a 'non-preventable' accident is to not move!!! if you were moving there is some way to prevent an accident!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
Quote:

the only way to get a 'non-preventable' accident is to not move!!! if you were moving there is some way to prevent an accident!!!

Actually NO, your ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!! I've had 2 NON-PREVENTABLE accidents in a T-T and BOTH were in motion!

1.) I was driving 40 mph. down a 45 mph. roadway with 3 lanes going both ways, divided by a turning lane. Personally I frequently check my mirrors to know my surroundings, as it seems a lot of driver forget or disregard from training. Anyways, On my right hand side was a smaller 4 door sedan with 2 occupants. They were roughly 10ft.+ in from of my rear trailer wheels, nothing to really be concerned about. Then, seconds.... and I mean SECONDS, after my visual perimeter check, BOOM!!! They 2 occupants of the 4dr. sedan, which turned out to be 2 pot head, pot smokin teens, darted into my lane.... RIGHT UNDER MY DAMN TRAILER!!! I was able to maintain control of my T-T, and thank God their lives weren't taken as I was partly loaded! My wheels through the sedan out from under the trailer and into the other lanes, right into another convertible occupied by two women and a young child! I immediatley secured/exited my vehicle, called 911, and ran to the aid of anyone injured or in any danger!!! When the police arrived, they found both teens stoned on pot, and what pot they had left all over their car.... including the blunt they were passing when they made the lane change into me! This was ruled non-preventable.... as it clearly was!

2.) I was making a left hand turn in a T-T and it was fully loaded with pallets of 2Ltr. Coke lightly shrink wrapped... :roll: HAHA, anyways, as I made the turn I did so slowly and responsibly, as to not damage any product. Well apparently I went too slow for the asshat directly accros from me because just as my tractor went in front of him and leaned into the curb lane of the new direction, he darts out attempting to slip in front of me! Now once I knew my tractor was clear in the turn I obviously checked my driver mirror to check clearance of the trailer and the turning lane of the opposing direction. Almost immediately I felt a slight bump and then nothing. Come to find out, the lug nuts on the front passenger tire of my tractor scraped his rear driver quarter panel and flattened his rear driver tire. Again, I immediately called 911 and went to check on the ignorant driver! He exited his car cursing at me for being a "slow" driver... :lol: Then, when the police arrived, I was just so lucky as to get the accident reconstructor, and the other drivers relation!!! We BOTH were cited for different reasons, mine being "Marked Lanes"... :roll: Anyways, my mgmt. team was on site as always and seen right through the crap that was being dumped on me. It was ruled non-preventable as well!!!

You see, if there was "ALWAYS" a way to prevent an accident, why would it be called an accident??? Chite happens, and NO, thers not always a way to come out smelling like a rose. Each and every accident is examined by professionals at either the company you work for, or the D.O.T., and a ruling is given...... "PREVENTABLE", or "NON-PREVENTABLE"!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
Quote:

but if you're not moving and someone runs into you. they wouldnt have hit you if you hadnt been there. so it's still preventable. the best way I see to prevent wrecks is to just stay in bed, but it's hard on the bank account
Old 08-19-2007, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

While your company says it is non-preventable, it doesn't matter since you were cited. Now it's on your driving record and as far as future employers are concerned, they are going to consider ALL ticketed collisions as AT FAULT. The reason you were cited is because you violated the law and were at fault. Otherwise you would not have had been cited by law enforcement.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
While your company says it is non-preventable, it doesn't matter since you were cited. Now it's on your driving record and as far as future employers are concerned, they are going to consider ALL ticketed collisions as AT FAULT. The reason you were cited is because you violated the law and were at fault. Otherwise you would not have had been cited by law enforcement.

True, but did you know that ALL accidents, rather at fault or not, ticketed or not, are viewable on your MVR??? Well, atleast in Ohio they are.. :x When I got a copy of my own report a couple years ago, the one accident mentioned above with the teens was on there as "Accident and the date of occurence", and the two times I've been rear-ended were on there, hahaha!!! Everything going back 5 damn years??? Whats up with that???