User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
Try Omar Shitrun Trucking in Bumf*ck, Egypt.
I did, but they only wanna pay .18 a mile... with NO layover pay... :roll:
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
While your company says it is non-preventable, it doesn't matter since you were cited. Now it's on your driving record and as far as future employers are concerned, they are going to consider ALL ticketed collisions as AT FAULT. The reason you were cited is because you violated the law and were at fault. Otherwise you would not have had been cited by law enforcement.

True, but did you know that ALL accidents, rather at fault or not, ticketed or not, are viewable on your MVR??? Well, atleast in Ohio they are.. :x When I got a copy of my own report a couple years ago, the one accident mentioned above with the teens was on there as "Accident and the date of occurence", and the two times I've been rear-ended were on there, hahaha!!! Everything going back 5 damn years??? Whats up with that???
Not all states do. And you're not assessed points for an accident that is not at fault. It's for information only, usually for law enforcment.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Trucking Companies and CDL Points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Then I've got an at fault NON-preventable "Marked Lanes" accident.
That is an oxymoron - if it was your fault the accident occured then you have no claims to non-preventable.

My understanding of a preventable accident is an event where the driver could have, in some capacity, avoided the event in question. This can be interpreted many ways, but if you are driving 55mph on the DC Beltway and a car comes off a ramp and sideswipes you - then you might have a good claim to a non-preventable moving incident. If you were driving 65mph on the beltway OR you realized the car was not going to stop and you continued on anyway then you would most likly be cited for a preventable.

Good luck with the 6-point thing. I have 4-points and no accidents and still 4 months into finding something.