User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

One principal tenet of "advertising"....is that its geared to an intellectual level of about the 3rd grade. In general....look at the overall advertising many companies use. The predominant words are "MILES, MILES, MILES" and statements about big money, they show $$ bills in the ads, and according to the ads, there is not a single female over the age of 22, who isn't a hottie with lots of stuff in the right places working at a single trucking company.

Does that give you a clue as to how they get their "cannon-fodder"?

Also, read my signature line.... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82
Let's say you do 2800 miles a week. At .91 a mile that is $2548.
2800 miles divided by 5.5 mpg is 509 gallons of fuel. 509 gal x $3.00 a gal is $1527. $1021 is left. Then subract lease payment on truck, bob-tail insurance, physical insurance, Occupational hazard insurance, admin fees, maintinence miles. You will be left with about $200-$300 dollars for the week. That's if you didn't eat while you were out on the road. That's also without paying your taxes and accountant fees. Even if you add a fuel surcharge you will not come out with much. Be carefull!
Get the picture :shock: You have to know your expenses before you get involved in a lease purchase.
I can't believe I'm about to do this, but the numbers you posted are off. CRE prides itself on the claim that their l/p drivers don't pay more than $1.25 per gallon for fuel. So, that $1527 should actually be $636.25, and you will be left with an additional $800 at the end of the week.

I feel so dirty now.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I can't believe I'm about to do this, but the numbers you posted are off. CRE prides itself on the claim that their l/p drivers don't pay more than $1.25 per gallon for fuel. So, that $1527 should actually be $636.25, and you will be left with an additional $800 at the end of the week.

I feel so dirty now.
Its OK Rev..... I was wondering about that myself... But your answer, while it made you feel "dirty".....shows that you have integrity. So "chin up"...

You know as well as the rest of us....that despite the fuel price cap....CRE will find another way to get that money back :shock: :shock:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Senior Board Member

You all have heard the expression: " It all comes out in the wash".

Well in this case : "It all comes out in the settlement". ( Your money that is ). :P :wink:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Anybody taking a bet for an Internet Nickel (worth nothing) that within 6 (six) hours....someone else will pop out of the woodwork, and ask the question:

"Does anybody know anything about CRE"?, or some variation of that.??

Any takers?? :? :? 8)

Old 07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Anybody taking a bet for an Internet Nickel (worth nothing) that within 6 (six) hours....someone else will pop out of the woodwork, and ask the question:

"Does anybody know anything about CRE"?, or some variation of that.??

Any takers?? :? :? 8)
Your on, an Internet nickel is all I can afford to bet on a losing pair of two's 8)