User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
AlexJ81, you must treat your friends VERY, VERY well. It almost sounds like you are your friend. Just my opinion...

If you are doing drugs do everybody a favor and stay home. Trucking does not need druggies on the road...

just my opinion.... ooops i mean my friend's opinion :roll:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: What the heck are you talking about?? I never said "my friend" I said "I" HELLO!

As far as drugs go; I've never done anything in my life. I'm still confused as to why you felt so inclined to say something about me and drugs. I didn't utter a word about a drug test.

I guess some people are just stupid :-)
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Rookie

the drivers road test at jb depands on where u go i went to east brunswick nj and they take u on an 8 miles drive u drive half the test then someone else does the rest when u get back to the yard u back the trailer into a spot most times between 2 trailers close together they want to see u get out and do some walk arounds to make sure u dont hit anything
none of the stuff u do there is hard but most of the food they feed u sucks so bring money so u can order out when in motel
Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Sheepdancer,

I do not believe you read what i wrote, i believe i stated that C.R. England "Fired me before i could take a post accident drug test". According to J.B. Hunt's policy that i have to wait 5 years, according to the Safety Regs, i have to wait a minimum of 30 days to a max of 365 days.

What i cannot figure out is why some companies have to wait 4 extra years to hire a new driver. Also, i never touched the other drivers truck, which puts me in a real bind because i need work to pay off some utility bills (no, not duck bills).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01
This "failed drug test" really bothers me, C.R. England never gave me that option of taking a post accident drug test until after C.R. England fired me. J.B. Hunt told me as of this post that they cannot send me through orientation until 11/03/2008 :?: When i was told of this, in J.B. Hunt's policy, they cannot hire anyone until it as dropped off after 5 years. As of this post, i am in Chicago waiting to go to orientaion at J.B. Hunt's terminal here in Chicago. I've sat on my arse for 5 months now after my last company i drove for went belly up. I never missed a day of work and do as i am told.
Huh? Thats a new one on me. No offence, but with a failed drug test, I wouldnt have even tried getting you on over here. Ive been doing this a long time and although ive "heard" that a failed drug tests that is older than 5 years old is techincally reviewable, Ive never had a driver get past that review. So really, I dont even try. Perhaps you will be the first one Ive heard of getting through....let us know.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I do not believe you read what i wrote, i believe i stated that C.R. England "Fired me before i could take a post accident drug test". According to J.B. Hunt's policy that i have to wait 5 years, according to the Safety Regs, i have to wait a minimum of 30 days to a max of 365 days.
Sorry, I misunderstood ya. And Im still not getting it or figuring out what is going on. Are you in orientation now?
Ive never heard of the policy that you are talking about, but then, I have never had a driver with your problem before. Meaning someone who was fired for an accident and then never took the drug test. Something like that I would just let the safety dept figure it out and then go by what they said. If our safety dept said 5 years, and they put it in your notes over here...it will be 5 years. No one over here has the power to override the safety departments decision. If you are in orientation now....then looks like there is no problem.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:19 AM

I actually enjoyed J.B's orientations. I went through one in Chicago and one in Columbus. I had quit OTR the first time and got hired back to a ded. account. The food in Chicago's cafe. was great. Got plenty to eat. Also the Columbus exp. was just as good. I had a great time at both. I know I got treated way better with J.B. than with Werner or USA Truck. Werner gave us machine food. Yuck! As for the hair testing I wasn't as thrilled. I did hair for 30 yrs. and am very vain about anyone touching my hair. I owned my own Salon and never let any of my employee's touch it. I cut it myself. So when I asked the girl in Columbus to please take the hair from a little up than she was about to cut it near the hairline in the back. She got a attitude and really cut a chunk out of it. That really made me mad. I just didn't want it so close to the nape of my neck cause I wear my hair up alot and didn't want the cut part to show up. Oh well, life goes on. So far in my 1yr. driving J.B. has treated me the best. I guess there are lots of other companies out there that may pay better after your 1st yr. but everyone has to pay their dues in this business. Weeds out the cry babies I guess. Even though I am a cry baby about my hair I can drive a big rig and hang with the big boys.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassdeb
I actually enjoyed J.B's orientations. I went through one in Chicago and one in Columbus. I had quit OTR the first time and got hired back to a ded. account. The food in Chicago's cafe. was great. Got plenty to eat. Also the Columbus exp. was just as good. I had a great time at both. I know I got treated way better with J.B. than with Werner or USA Truck. Werner gave us machine food. Yuck! As for the hair testing I wasn't as thrilled. I did hair for 30 yrs. and am very vain about anyone touching my hair. I owned my own Salon and never let any of my employee's touch it. I cut it myself. So when I asked the girl in Columbus to please take the hair from a little up than she was about to cut it near the hairline in the back. She got a attitude and really cut a chunk out of it. That really made me mad. I just didn't want it so close to the nape of my neck cause I wear my hair up alot and didn't want the cut part to show up. Oh well, life goes on. So far in my 1yr. driving J.B. has treated me the best. I guess there are lots of other companies out there that may pay better after your 1st yr. but everyone has to pay their dues in this business. Weeds out the cry babies I guess. Even though I am a cry baby about my hair I can drive a big rig and hang with the big boys.
Ok, I'm glad you are doing good, even with JB. However, you did quit OTR the first time, and came back on a ded. account. Why did you quit OTR? How long were you OTR before you quit? And I take it that the 1 year is on the ded. account, or a combo of both?

I know I'm known for bashing JB. But it seems like a very strong pattern here. Drivers do bad with OTR, and better with ded. accounts. And I curious as to why that is, if it all the same company.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM

cluggy i got the same warning from former drivers i knew to stay away from jbhunts otr....

i think dedicated is difrent because for the most part it is run like a seperate company .....

each account is its own small company old school manual dispatch by a person that knows your name ....

any problems i call my account manager 24/7 no contact with jbhunt at all

dedicated accounts also usually spell everything out in writing and give you something resembling a contract minus the sig

also if you think about it an average fleet mgr has 60 to 80 drivers

we have aprox 30 trucks and three office personal taking care of us

but our turnover so far is very high i will not lie i questioned my fm about that last week his exact words were i refuse to babysit drivers or make all your decisions for you he is kinda like dispatch and forget ....they pay our cell phone bills and require us to make our own appointments with the job sites on multistop loads you must manage your own time no babysitting
i like working like that but i guess there are many drivers who dont like that much independence no matter how much they bich about all the big company interference in what you do

just my .002
Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Default the world is coming to an end

cant believe i agreed with chuggy about something

the hhg miles do seem a little bit off we get dispatched by hhg on our computers and paid practical per our account instructions .....i notice i do make a little more on the short runs the long ones i can usually beat being cut down to 62 makes me much more willing to run 2 lanes
Old 07-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Just wondering is anybody on the Jb hunt target account in alabama just curious on how its going, you know hometime, pay,etc. keep hearing alot of different stories the recooter tells ya one thing then the drivers say another! just wanting to know the real deal!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner_AL
Just wondering is anybody on the Jb hunt target account in alabama just curious on how its going, you know hometime, pay,etc. keep hearing alot of different stories the recooter tells ya one thing then the drivers say another! just wanting to know the real deal!
Drivers lie some of the time, Recruiters lie all of the time... :lol: :lol:

How can you tell if your recruiter is lying? Their lips are moving...... :lol: :lol:

What do you call a bus with 50 recruiters going over a cliff? A good start.... :lol: :lol:

Seriously, go with the info a driver give you. Recruiters have one job...getting you into the seat of their trucks. They may overlook a fact or two......

Just my opinion.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'