User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default seeing all 48

It just depends, I was OTR for a little over a year with Schneider, and I went everywhere but Michigan and Maine.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo
i spent about 8 months driving System for schneider, and i never got west.
i got to all points east, except Vermont. if you wanna see the country, you gotta ask for it. if you're willing to stay out more than 2 weeks, they'll send you anywhere, i think.

I have a real hard time believing that Crete would give you .41 cents with a few months exp. Besides, after the first year, SNI should have you up to .39 cents minimum, and they have miles to give, afaik.

me, personally, i'm on a salaried dedicated account that gets me home most nights and weekends. not bad, but i'm starting to want more do-re-mi. All the dedicated accounts will be reviewed after the first of the year, so maybe they'll make it worth my while.

Basically, Schneider will give you just about anything you want to do as a company driver, except flatbed.
Not so hard to believe at all. Just go to the Crete website and its right there.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

The reason SNI doesnt give all 48 states to solo drivers is because then it is hard to meet TAH every two weeks, if thats what the driver wants.

But with SNI, you'll get way better training and they dont allow any fudging of logbooks, you get winter and spring training, and safety is the key with them.

Now you can go with some fly-by-nighter outfit if you want, but SNI might lack in pay, they'll make in the safety and training. Personally, I'd go with a company whose emphasis is on safety and training.

Add to that, they wont pressure you into into scam lease opportunities.

You have to look at whats more important , money and no practical experience or safety? Go a year with SNI and you can write your ticket to any company that you want.