User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Quality Carriers ??

Hello All,

I was wanting to get info on Quality Carriers. I have been offered a job with them. And I've been promised 2 overnight runs a week, and fri sat and sunday off. I was told I could work Fridays for extra money if need be but it would be my choice.

Anyone ever work for them before, I hope they're not pulling my leg. They say I'll make 950 per week working those 4 days. Sound right or should I be wary.

Thanks

DDT
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Quality Carriers ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT
Hello All,

I was wanting to get info on Quality Carriers. I have been offered a job with them. And I've been promised 2 overnight runs a week, and fri sat and sunday off. I was told I could work Fridays for extra money if need be but it would be my choice.

Anyone ever work for them before, I hope they're not pulling my leg. They say I'll make 950 per week working those 4 days. Sound right or should I be wary.

Thanks

DDT
Hmmm, interesting..... Now, what you are saying is entirely possible, however....most of the trucks at QC are O/O's.....unless the terminal owner/franchisee is hiring some "company drivers". Its very hard to say whether or not what you have been told is accurate or not....because drivers....if company drivers....are paid differently at each terminal because "you" work for that terminal owner....and he can pay you how he wants....the corporation apparently does not have any pay standards. I had talked to the guy that owns the Tampa FL terminal......and he pays way too low.....

Me, I would try to get it in writing......just to be sure.

If you are in the Houston area....there are alot of different tanker companies in that area....mostly in the Pasadena area. Superior Carriers (that I work for) also has a terminal there. 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Sky is right. There are a ton of tanker terminals in the Houston Metro area. There are 5 Quality Carrier Terminals in the Houston "Metro" area that I know of. IF I were going to hire on, to drive a "Terminal" truck, I would go with the CleTex terminal on Sheldon Road. I chatted with that Owner back in March, and found I respected him for his honesty.

This came about, because I was checking out tanker company's, to see which Company I would prefer to lease my tractor in too. The CleTex owner was pretty straight up honest... he told me that he had 20 trucks which "He" owned, sitting on the lot in need of decent drivers, and was not going to be signing on any O/O's, until those trucks were back on the road.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Rookie

Great Replies,

This is actually for a brand new division of QC Hauling ISO Containers. They just started doing it this year and they tell me they are trying to hire 30 more drivers by the end of July. Supposedly you just have to clamp the container down after they load it on you with the cotter pins underneath. Sounds easy enough, but don't want to be job jumping. I just started hauling chemical tankers for a local company and hate it with a passion because our equipment is unsafe.

It's a bit of a tough balancing act right now trying to leave where I'm at, but not sure how much I'll like QC and hoping for an offer from a local home every night company. Great to be able to get info here though. Thanks

DDT
Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM

So each terminal may pay different? Because I know a company driver that drives for them in NC who gets paid %, and he likes it ok, but a lot of times 30-50% of his miles are deadhead, which he doesn't get paid for. But I know home time was important to him, and they deadhead him a lot of miles to get him home at least on weekends and usually once or twice during the week.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Rookie

Yes,

This guy claims he works for QC and is not an owner, says he'll get bonuses if he hires a certain amount of drivers by a certain time. Basicly getting bonuses for growing the business.

I think I'll try to put QC off a bit until I figure out if I get hired somewhere being guaranteed home every night. I want to make sure I make a good decision so that I don't have to job jump anymore.

Any input is appreciated.

DDT
Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT
Great Replies,

This is actually for a brand new division of QC Hauling ISO Containers. They just started doing it this year and they tell me they are trying to hire 30 more drivers by the end of July. Supposedly you just have to clamp the container down after they load it on you with the cotter pins underneath. Sounds easy enough, but don't want to be job jumping. I just started hauling chemical tankers for a local company and hate it with a passion because our equipment is unsafe.

It's a bit of a tough balancing act right now trying to leave where I'm at, but not sure how much I'll like QC and hoping for an offer from a local home every night company. Great to be able to get info here though. Thanks

DDT
What company is this? I drive a fuel tanker, and if I leave(yet again), I don't want to get mix up with this company.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 07-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road
So each terminal may pay different? Because I know a company driver that drives for them in NC who gets paid %, and he likes it ok, but a lot of times 30-50% of his miles are deadhead, which he doesn't get paid for. But I know home time was important to him, and they deadhead him a lot of miles to get him home at least on weekends and usually once or twice during the week.
Yes, each QC Terminal Owner is very much like a fast food franchisee.

I happened to speak to a driver for a terminal in Delaware....he had a SWEET deal....got paid as well as a Roadway/Yellow Teamster, if not better!!
At about that same time, the guy that owns the Tampa terminal offered me less than Swift paid at the time.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

SO, my best advice would be to be very cautious with QC...both as a Company Driver and as an O/O....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Cluggy619.... I too would like to know who he is referring to as running "unsafe" equipment... just for general knowledge.

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about Superior Carriers. I'm driving a 2007 9200i Cornbinder, and even my old truck was up to snuff and passed inspections....and our tanks are in good shape. One thing about Superior... if we find a problem, they get it taken care of. And what I like about their system...is that if we are on the road and have a problem....we "OK" the repairs that are needed. NO firedrills to get a PO to get a repair done or any other nonsense!!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Rookie

I'd Pm you, but I think you have to have 50 post before you can pm.Don't wanna name my current employer on the board, too much personal info. But it starts with a M
And it's a medium sized chemical carrier. Some terminals have better equipment than others I'm told.

I think I'm probly gonna pass on QC and try to get away from Hazmat all together.

DDT