User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i think you should stay three months and then take the raise and leave for jbhunt....if you can get into a good dcs account you could possibbly make way more money and be home every wkend.....i have to say i left what i thought was a good company cfi to come here and have never looked back...my gross the first two weeks has ranged between 1150 and 1450 a week and still am home to type at you every wkend just keep it in mind as you see your orange checks and as soon as you get your 3 months start looking company loyalty for screwing you financially while your training don't pay the bills ....just my 2 cents
Old 06-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

SNI will have it's ups and downs...I have heard alot of news about schenider.... If I was ready to go OTR again, they would get a call. I would have to find out more current info about their bulk division. If you start with SNI, and quit before your year is up, you will end up owning them.

If you like to workout, try their Dollar General account, or one just like it. You will get some exercise. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Board Regular

Try getting into a good dedicated run before you sign up, that way you will have steady runs and miles. Once you start as OTR with them good luck getting out of it, they give the dedicated runs to new hires. I got a nice dedicated local run with them when i started even though there was already a waiting list to get on it.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad7
i think you should stay three months and then take the raise and leave for jbhunt....

Bwahahahahahaha!
Yeah leave for JB Hunt, and drive co. trucks that are governed slower than SNI's.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 PM

bigdad07 - Thanks for the two cents. But I don't plan on running from SNI after just three months. I plan on sticking it out for at least one to two years. Who knows, maybe I'll like it enough to stay even longer that that! I'm glad you happy with what you have done so far in your career and I wish you all the best.

--I've seen another post floating around on this site in the past day or so about "commitment" and thankfully I don't have an issue with that. I'm not afraid to commit. I am a hard and dedicated worker with a very strong work ethic (which is part of the reason working for state government isn't working out... but that's a whole other post! haha). I can't see why anyone would want a job if they don't intend to actually WORK. If SNI treats me right, provides quality service to me as an employee and keeps me rollin then there will be no reason for me to leave.

I'm not looking for the "big bucks" or planning to participate in job hopping to get more bucks, because as I've stated in previous posts, I'm definitly not going into the trucking biz for the money. Sure it's nice but just having the opporunity to do something that I've dreamed of doing for even pennies more than what I'm making now doing a job I hate, will be worth it.

BigATrukin - thanks for your thoughts also. However I don't want a dedicated or local account. I'm ready to see the country sitting on 18 wheels and running all over the place. *gasp* Yes... I actually WANT to go OTR! I must be crazy, I know!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on this thread. I'm so excited to get this whole thing started, but I have to wait for one whole month. I'm gonna be nuts by then! hehe

Everything I've learned, I've learned the hard way. I prefer it that way, the easy way just isn't any fun!
-------------------------------------------------------
Drive on Brothers & Sisters. Drive On.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi_roxx
bigdad07 - Thanks for the two cents. But I don't plan on running from SNI after just three months. I plan on sticking it out for at least one to two years. Who knows, maybe I'll like it enough to stay even longer that that! I'm glad you happy with what you have done so far in your career and I wish you all the best.

--I've seen another post floating around on this site in the past day or so about "commitment" and thankfully I don't have an issue with that. I'm not afraid to commit. I am a hard and dedicated worker with a very strong work ethic (which is part of the reason working for state government isn't working out... but that's a whole other post! haha). I can't see why anyone would want a job if they don't intend to actually WORK. If SNI treats me right, provides quality service to me as an employee and keeps me rollin then there will be no reason for me to leave.

I'm not looking for the "big bucks" or planning to participate in job hopping to get more bucks, because as I've stated in previous posts, I'm definitly not going into the trucking biz for the money. Sure it's nice but just having the opporunity to do something that I've dreamed of doing for even pennies more than what I'm making now doing a job I hate, will be worth it.

BigATrukin - thanks for your thoughts also. However I don't want a dedicated or local account. I'm ready to see the country sitting on 18 wheels and running all over the place. *gasp* Yes... I actually WANT to go OTR! I must be crazy, I know!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on this thread. I'm so excited to get this whole thing started, but I have to wait for one whole month. I'm gonna be nuts by then! hehe

Is it any more crazy OTR, or sit in city traffic all day long, making multiple stops and dealing with one red after another?. I'll take OTR or Regional. SNI has a good training program and their emphasis is SAFETY and following federal /state guidelines. All drivers must attend winter and spring training programs every year, regardless if they have been with the company 2 days or 20 years.

The best thing about SNI is they wont push you into a situation that you feel is unsafe. If you feel that the weather is too hazardous to make your delivery, tell them. They'll call the customer and let them know and they wont push you to drive. Also a word of advice, dont let them push you around either.

The thing with alot of megacarriers is that most of the drivers are ex-military and are used to taking orders without question, as for me, I'm ex-Union.......I dont take sh*t from anyone :wink:

You'll find that your year will go by rather quickly. Expect to be out at least 3-4 weeks when you go solo. Actually I would recommend it to so you can learn the job, but also learn to manage your hours and make your load assignments on time. Contact your STL everyday, just to let him know how things are going and if you have any concerns.

Do your training, listen to the instructors, study all your homework because you'll have tests everyday and when your with your Training engineer, remember that the TE has no power or influence over whether your hired or fired, so dont let that stand in your way.

Take the mileage pay instead of Per Diem. No matter what they tell you about how great per diem is, take the mileage pay. Per Diem is only beneficial to owner/operators and the company.

Dont listen to "Billy Big Riggers" because for the most part, they are full of sh*t. Talk to real drivers who are both professional in attitude and their driving.

You'll hear all this stuff about how "SNI sucks" usually from idiots who got fired, or have idiot friends that got fired. I work for SNI and although I'm not saying they are the best, because there is no best company to work for, but being their emphasis is on safety was one of the main reasons I joined them.

PM me if you have any other questions.
Good Luck
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Board Regular

Not all dedicated runs are local. SNI has OTR dedicated with steady miles. I dont know if any of you have seen the black SNI trucks, but they haul trailer parts out of indiana to California and other states. The account im on has an OTR side that goes from Perris, CA to Kent, Washington an back. Its just that if you get on one of those, your always gonna have miles unlike the system drivers that have to sit an wait for freight to be availible in there area and the dedicated drivers get the priority over them.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
Not all dedicated runs are local. SNI has OTR dedicated with steady miles. I dont know if any of you have seen the black SNI trucks, but they haul trailer parts out of indiana to California and other states. The account im on has an OTR side that goes from Perris, CA to Kent, Washington an back. Its just that if you get on one of those, your always gonna have miles unlike the system drivers that have to sit an wait for freight to be availible in there area and the dedicated drivers get the priority over them.
Not true, the longest I've ever waited for a load is 2 hours. I usually have a load assignment before I've dropped the current load.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

Well then you cant go wrong either way. I get my loads a day ahead of time. What OC you out of inmate1577
Old 06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
Well then you cant go wrong either way. I get my loads a day ahead of time. What OC you out of inmate1577
Originally Charlotte, currently W. Memphis.