Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyCCMJ
Covenant does not ask drivers to buy chains. They give the driver the option of buying there own chains or the company buying them. If you are running in a chain area alot you should just buy them due to other drivers getting you chains cause they dont have them. If you own them you always know they are on your truck
That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. :roll:

LOL, u shouldnt have to purchase chains for any company equipment!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Covenant does not ask drivers to buy chains. They give the driver the option of buying there own chains or the company buying them. If you are running in a chain area alot you should just buy them due to other drivers getting you chains cause they dont have them. If you own them you always know they are on your truck
Do you check them out and have to return them?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Rookie
Default Covenant

You can say it is stupid. But you don't have to buy them if you dont want to. But if you run in that area a lot it is the easiest way to do it. You have company chains you might need to go to Washington and need chains but while you was dispatched on a load in Ohio someone was headed toward Donner Pass and has no chains you are in the same area they are so the company sends them over to your truck and they get your chains. Now this is before you have been dispatched on the load going to Washington. You don't own your chains so you cannot say no. So you then get your dispatch to washington and you have not chains so you have to pass the load to someone who has chains or hope there is someone who has chains in the area. But they are getting ready to buy 2000 sets of tire chains by this winter.

"Loaded Like A Box Car Drive It Like A Stock Car"
Old 06-09-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
You can say it is stupid. But you don't have to buy them if you dont want to. But if you run in that area a lot it is the easiest way to do it. You have company chains you might need to go to Washington and need chains but while you was dispatched on a load in Ohio someone was headed toward Donner Pass and has no chains you are in the same area they are so the company sends them over to your truck and they get your chains. Now this is before you have been dispatched on the load going to Washington. You don't own your chains so you cannot say no. So you then get your dispatch to washington and you have not chains so you have to pass the load to someone who has chains or hope there is someone who has chains in the area. But they are getting ready to buy 2000 sets of tire chains by this winter.
This makes no sense at all since Covenant has a NO CHIANUP policy. If the conditions are that bad, they would rather you shut down, than chain up. As much as I hate this company in my brief time there, I will give them credit for their emphasis on safety.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
Quote:
This makes no sense at all since Covenant has a NO CHIANUP policy. If the conditions are that bad, they would rather you shut down, than chain up. As much as I hate this company in my brief time there, I will give them credit for their emphasis on safety.

Well, in Oregon and Washington, you are rquired to carry chains over the passes from November to April, no matter if you need them or not... drag chains are required as well.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So rather than do what everybody else does and provide all their trucks with chains they come up with some assinine policy of swapping chains or loads with someone else with the express intent of pissing off the drivers to the point that they will buy their own chains. Smart, real smart.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Rookie
Default chains

think what you want driver. there is always that one person (this time it is you) that wants to discourage other drivers from companies that they feel are negitave. maybe you should be alittle more open and not talk about things you have no idea on. I mean i bet your company has its fair share of problems but you don't me talking about them.

"Loaded Like A Box Car Drive It Like A Stock Car"
Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Wow, this went from CRE to Covenant.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't forget Prime.... :wink: :lol:
Old 06-10-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Back With CR England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasdad91
BTW 2 years ago when I trained with england the 1st time, they were pushing the lease program at 85 cents a mile, but it has gone up to 91 cents a mile, also 2 years ago you started the lease in debt with england, but now they defere the first payment on the lease so as to give you a chance to make money first, so your first payment is not due till the second week, I myself am not going to lease a truck, even though it seems that england has actually started putting alot of effort into the lease drivers. but for whatever any of you new drivers decide I wish you the best, and I hope that you get a trainer like the one ive gotten. Have a great day and maby ill see you out there. good luck.
Dude, You obviously have not a single clue what it costs to run a truck, and CRE obviously has pulled the wool over your eyes as to the real costs to run a truck, take care of the maint and escrows, and pay the driver... Oh btw your responsible for your own benefits, social security, taxes... 91 cpm what a joke. Go round up some real numbers off this site what people are willing to run a truck for and make a living then go back and look at those sham numbers from CRE. I see you claim your not going to lease a truck. Well we cannot count the number of people that have come on here that were going CRE saying the same thing, and the next thing you knew they had drank the Kool Aid and were signed up in a lease. They gotcha where they want ya, now they are going to sign you up for a lease.

You want a good training company take a look at Schneider. At least there your dealing with a good company and good training. You won't make much in the way of money, but hey you were looking at the training aspects of this anyway and Schneider isn't far off from CRE's pay numbers. At Schneider you won't be pressured into a BS lease, and you will be treated fair.

And no I don't work for Schneider. Their reputation preceeds them.

Longsnowsm