Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: re fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
hey fred,
after all you have done for TMC they could not offer you a full time job from your home?? :? :x

well listen... i've spoken to you months ago and you were always very helpful. .............hey since were neighbors..........if you come across "something".......let me know....

again all the best!!!! :wink:

(ps) hey..is it ok to pm you sometime????
It's ALWAYS ok to PM me anytime.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Rookie

Fred,

Good luck with the changes in your life. Family and the ones you love are more important then any job.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Default TMC

I was at 40 acre truckstop in Tn on wed night. A driver was ranting about how TMC screwed him out of money and about how they treat drivers like crap, thats the first negative thing I ever heard about them. I was going to talk to him, but he seemed way too upset.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzdog
Fred,

Good luck with the changes in your life. Family and the ones you love are more important then any job.
Thanks Buzz, I really appreciate the well wishes. I'll miss our "go-rounds". Every once in a while make sure you email me just to bust my chops. :wink:
You ARE a nice guy that had a bad time at TMC and I'll always respect you for your ability to stand up for what you believe in even though at times it had me tearing my hair out :lol: :lol: :lol: . DO keep in touch and I wish you well.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes and helping make the TMC thread interesting. :wink:
Your Friend,
Fred
Old 06-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: TMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
I was at 40 acre truckstop in Tn on wed night. A driver was ranting about how TMC screwed him out of money and about how they treat drivers like crap, thats the first negative thing I ever heard about them. I was going to talk to him, but he seemed way too upset.
It's probably better NOT to talk to a pi$$ed off flatbedder. They've been known to tear a person's arms off and beat them to death with them.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Default RE FRED

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-02-2007, 03:00 AM

Fred, I am new posting on here, but I have been using this site for info for a while. I wish I had found it a little earlier, while I was still in school getting my cdl, but anyways...I have found your posts very helpful and I have a question since you are a recruiter. I have about a year in w/ a good driving history and no felonies. I worked for two jobs that paid cash in the 2-3 years before i started driving. Is that a big deal to most employers? I had two places picked out when I got out of school, but neither one hired me but they didn't tell me why. I am thinking of trying to switch companies and don't want that to happen again. The company I am at now didn't seem to care, they just wanted two letters from people to verify my employment. I had an attempted larceny (misdemeanor) about 3 years ago. Do you think it was the work history or the charge, because I am trying to decide if I should stay at where I am at for a little while longer so I will have a better job history, or maybe go talk to a lawyer (I think that he may be able to get it taken off of my criminal history for some money right?) The place I am at is ok, but I think that I would like it better at a company like maybe Crete or Superior and want to know what to do so I have the best chance of getting hired on when I apply. Whew, long post. Sorry.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road
Fred, I am new posting on here, but I have been using this site for info for a while. I wish I had found it a little earlier, while I was still in school getting my cdl, but anyways...I have found your posts very helpful and I have a question since you are a recruiter. I have about a year in w/ a good driving history and no felonies. I worked for two jobs that paid cash in the 2-3 years before i started driving. Is that a big deal to most employers? I had two places picked out when I got out of school, but neither one hired me but they didn't tell me why. I am thinking of trying to switch companies and don't want that to happen again. The company I am at now didn't seem to care, they just wanted two letters from people to verify my employment. I had an attempted larceny (misdemeanor) about 3 years ago. Do you think it was the work history or the charge, because I am trying to decide if I should stay at where I am at for a little while longer so I will have a better job history, or maybe go talk to a lawyer (I think that he may be able to get it taken off of my criminal history for some money right?) The place I am at is ok, but I think that I would like it better at a company like maybe Crete or Superior and want to know what to do so I have the best chance of getting hired on when I apply. Whew, long post. Sorry.
First off, thanks for the compliments. I can only speak for TMC so I'll speak from that perspective. BOTH the unverifiable job history and the larceny charge will prevent you from being hired by TMC. The work problem can sometimes be helped by letters AND a real business backing up your claims when TMC calls their phone number you provide. TMC requires a 10 year work history list and the other jobs and lengths of employment you may have had in those 10 years may help smooth over a bad 2-3 years. Chances are though they will ask for a W-2 form and a cash only job is like no job in TMC's eyes sometimes. It will be a tough hurdle to get over and only if EVERYTHING else about you was PERFECT. The larceny charge is a killer without a cure.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Fred -- you've made a wise decision. People matter more--the world revolves around relationships. Everything else is secondary.

Very disappointing that TMC doesn't realize the value of you staying where you're at. Corporations tend to like having all their ducks in a row. While I understand their viewpoint of wanting you based out of Des Moines, it is their loss. And if they don't realize it now (I suspect some do), perhaps they will later on. But who knows, someday you still might wind up in Des Moines!

Keep on being a great ambassador for the trucking industry!

Hang in there--something will fall into place!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks Big Wheels. I've received several phone calls from people in Des Moines who can't believe it either. Unfortunately the ONE guy at TMC who's decision counts doesn't feel the same as 90% of his fellow co-workers do. :?