User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default USA Truck

Ok, I have heard that their trucks are "Bare Boned". Is this true?? If so, how "Bare" are they? Just courious.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Rookie

I'm pretty sure that their Internationals are spec'd the same as my companys.

The price paid for 'them' was just over $81K (for the budget aware fleet buyer). They do have more than just a seat and steering wheel though. No fancy buttons to roll down the windows however. Radio and cassette player, jake brakes, air dump 'are' there. No factory installed APU of course. CB antenna is a bit shabby and the wire has a tendency to break somewhere, making you run your own one in. Plastic front for the cb easily breaks behind the screw head dumping your radio out onto your lap. Storage space would bring a tear to a glass eye. I hope you like to travel light. Fuel tanks hold 113g each to help make the whole tractor lighter for those nice heavier loads. Our tanks are all spec'd with anti-siphon tops which I actually like.

Cummins engine in our ones just won't pull any kind of hill. I like to turn that cb volume control back to the left when I see a hill coming up... Ours are governed at 67mph so at least I can pass the Swifts and JB Hunts (at least on the flat and downhill).

BOL
Old 05-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for your reply. Do they have tilt steering? I am just courious. I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and we got on the subject of USA Truck and just got me courious.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

ok, I will jump into the water head first here. How is this company to work for?? I am just courious. Kind of just exploring options here.