User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels
Do the same in Google Finance and the most recent story shows the CEO backpeddling -- explaining that what he said shouldn't be taken out of context.

Anywho, best to buy on the rumor, sell on the news! In Yellow's case, can't really tell if there is even a rumor.
YRC is not a good takeover target right now. Too many integration/digestion issues of three different companies (I'm counting all the USFs as one here) under one roof. Throw in the unknown of a new contract for the IBT side and most suitors will pass.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 AM

Don't work for DHL. I do alot of investing on the side and read alot of financial publications. I read a big article on DHL last year and was impressed. My best friend works for R&L and dated a girl in the office. Thats how I know about the R&L/DHL meeting. When I heard the Central Transport rumor I watched the stock to see if there was a volume spike to confirm the rumor. I figured I'd play the buyout but it didn't materialize. When Yellow was rumored to buy USf back in 2005 I noticed the volume spike and loaded up on shares. The day they announced the buyout the stock went from $39 to $48. I made a killing. I wish I could have 5 days like that a every year.

we are private,always have been........
Old 06-03-2007, 08:50 PM

very intresting