User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Crete drivres

Are there any crete drivers that are close to Des Moines IA. that do training. I start orientation on monday 05/14/07 I hope there is or it will be a long time before i get home because the say if there is not one close i will have to stay in hotel room by where the trainers home is when he goes home tell i get my training over with. (8 weeks) :sad: so if one of you would please let me know. Thank you
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Crete drivres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D 42
Are there any crete drivers that are close to Des Moines IA. that do training. I start orientation on monday 05/14/07 I hope there is or it will be a long time before i get home because the say if there is not one close i will have to stay in hotel room by where the trainers home is when he goes home tell i get my training over with. (8 weeks) :sad: so if one of you would please let me know. Thank you
I'm not with crete, but I don't believe you will be spending much time off. Not enough for this to become an issue. Believe it or not these company's like to think all we want to do is drive and be away from home.

I stayed in a rather nice upscale hotel in Texas once, Then the next time home trainer was nice enough to let me go home and he stayed in hotel.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Senior Board Member

The possibility of spending your entire training time away from home is a potential occurance at just about every training company.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Crete drivres

Quote:
Thers is a trainer named Jim out of the Council Bluffs terminal but chances are that he will already have a trainee when you show up. Being on I 80 is a plus because we do haul a lot of freight on that road but I would consider yourself lucky if you got to see the house more than once during your 8 weeks.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Rookie

Well you might get lucky since we started delivering into Iowa for the Walmart dedicated fleet out of North Platte,Ne. If not, get your training done. Then Id consider working the WM Fleet. You get home every week to do a restart,plus you get lots of miles. Just a thought.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckintom28
Well you might get lucky since we started delivering into Iowa for the Walmart dedicated fleet out of North Platte,Ne. If not, get your training done. Then Id consider working the WM Fleet. You get home every week to do a restart,plus you get lots of miles. Just a thought.
Well i did get lucky i started in may , did my traning with a wal-mart dedicated driver and now im on the fleet. :lol: yes i do get home every week to reset and this week im home for my home time. wal-mart dedicated fleet is so good im getting all the miles i can do in my 11 hrs of drive time. last week i got 3800 and change and did my reset at home crete is a great co. to work at they do what they say and then some . DD #29343 8) :wink:
Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Well i did get lucky i started in may , did my traning with a wal-mart dedicated driver and now im on the fleet. :lol: yes i do get home every week to reset and this week im home for my home time. wal-mart dedicated fleet is so good im getting all the miles i can do in my 11 hrs of drive time. last week i got 3800 and change and did my reset at home crete is a great co. to work at they do what they say and then some . DD #29343 8) :wink:
Congrats on the WalMart fleet, that's a sweet deal over there (Easy Money). Although you may have a slightly different opinion this winter :shock:

Best of Luck and drive safe :!:

[email protected]
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

On a competing Message Board all they have are complaints about Crete. Apparently drivers are quitting Crete in droves because of the Sterling Heights Wal-Mart account.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

It was one of the factors that made me leave Crete.

I hear Sterling is going bye bye in Sept though....
Old 08-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYROAD
On a competing Message Board all they have are complaints about Crete. Apparently drivers are quitting Crete in droves because of the Sterling Heights Wal-Mart account.

Quote:
Quote:

The Sterling WalMart fleet is definitely the black sheep fleet of the company. There is a thread on it if you want to do a search. There is a small number of drivers that work out of there full time, but because the company can't keep it fully staffed they eventually send drivers from the national fleet up there to do a one week tour of duty once a year. It's a nightmare deal and it is difficult to get more than 1500 miles in a week due to the logistics of the load. A number of drivers would go up there and get so upset that they would quit in frustration. Most of which are the same drivers that fail to see the big picture and hop around hopelessly form job to job.

The good news is that the contract is up or the two companies have decide to part ways and Crete has no intention of renewing it. From what I hear, Mid September will be the end of it.

The other WalMart fleets that Crete pulls out of are working out great from what i hear.

As far as the competing message board, if it's the one I'm thinking of, complaints seem to be the norm, that is one dark hole of negativity.

[email protected]