User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
The possibility of spending your entire training time away from home is a potential occurance at just about every training company.
Perfectly said! Two thumbs up.

With my students I made a point after the 2nd week to get them home for a full weekend with their family. It's important to do this in the 2nd week because their not used to life on the road and being away from home such a long time. You know' to think about it trainers that have money problems make the worst trainers, all my buddies who trained that didnt have financial problems their student loved them. ummm, that got me thinking about something.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYROAD
On a competing Message Board all they have are complaints about Crete. Apparently drivers are quitting Crete in droves because of the Sterling Heights Wal-Mart account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckintom28
Well you might get lucky since we started delivering into Iowa for the Walmart dedicated fleet out of North Platte,Ne. If not, get your training done. Then Id consider working the WM Fleet. You get home every week to do a restart,plus you get lots of miles. Just a thought.
Well i did get lucky i started in may , did my traning with a wal-mart dedicated driver and now im on the fleet. :lol: yes i do get home every week to reset and this week im home for my home time. wal-mart dedicated fleet is so good im getting all the miles i can do in my 11 hrs of drive time. last week i got 3800 and change and did my reset at home crete is a great co. to work at they do what they say and then some . DD #29343 8) :wink:
Oh yes, we are definitely going down the toilet. We are losing drivers at the rate of hundreds a day! Customers are canceling contracts because we don't have enough drivers to cover them! Drivers that are staying with the company actually have to pay Crete to stay there! The sky is falling, the glaciers are melting, the oceans are rising and at the rate people are committing suicide there won't be anybody left in the world by the end of August!

The truth is the Walmart fleet in Sterling was a very minor part of the Crete system. Yes, it wasn't run very well the result of which is we won't be in there any more after 9/15. Drivers aren't quitting in droves over this (unless your definition of "droves" is less than a handful) and any drivers that did quit over being "forced" to work the fleet were foolish. I can't tell you how many times I was asked to go there to lend a hand and I turned them down each time with no negative repercussions.

Rockyroad, next time you feel like posting negative comments about a company you know absolutely nothing about please do us a favor-------- don't.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Senior Board Member

i do remember have numerous fatalites in 2006. In fact one night i was re-routed around a fatal accident in Atlanta where one crete driver side swipped a UPS wigglewagon in the breakdown lane. The UPS driver was under his trailer fixing something and the crete driver hit the UPS trailer and kill him...

note this was at night on I285 with no traffic. also dont forget the accident where the crete driver killed 5 or 6 in one accident down in Florida. One reason i haven't applied at Crete.

Nick
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
i do remember have numerous fatalites in 2006. In fact one night i was re-routed around a fatal accident in Atlanta where one crete driver side swipped a UPS wigglewagon in the breakdown lane. The UPS driver was under his trailer fixing something and the crete driver hit the UPS trailer and kill him...

note this was at night on I285 with no traffic. also dont forget the accident where the crete driver killed 5 or 6 in one accident down in Florida. One reason i haven't applied at Crete.

Nick
And your point is what? Because two drivers had bad accidents Crete is no longer a good company to work for? If it was CFI, using your logic, you would be down on them too?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

Nick
And your point is what? Because two drivers had bad accidents Crete is no longer a good company to work for? If it was CFI, using your logic, you would be down on them too?

point is: the have a history of fatal accidents meaning they are under more scrutiny from DOT. CFI, which was my former employee, is a FAR BETTER company than crete will ever be. CFI's equipment is, by far, better than a stripped down FreightShaker
Old 08-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nick

point is: the have a history of fatal accidents meaning they are under more scrutiny from DOT. CFI, which was my former employee, is a FAR BETTER company than crete will ever be. CFI's equipment is, by far, better than a stripped down FreightShaker
I see. So you are one of those who would take a severe pay cut in order to drive a nice truck? Hmmmm, doesn't make much sense to me but hey, to each their own.

BTW after two years with Crete I make more money than 90% of CFI drivers. Why would someone with a years experience take 35 cpm when they could go to Crete and make 41?

Another point; for someone who is so warm and giggly about CFI you sure didn't stay there very long, did you? Well under a year IIRC.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

the reason i didnt stay longer was becuase of a death in the family.... and while i was home a found a carrier where i could be home multiple days a week and still get 3000miles/week

i would, however, work for transportation when i get the courage to pull a skateboard
Old 08-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nick

CFI's safety record is exactly the same per capita. Crete has twice as many trucks and drivers than CFI.

Crete had 17 fatalities in the last two years. CFI had 8. Again, if CFI had double the drivers they would have 16.

Crete had 164 injury accidents. CFI had 104. At double the drivers CFI would be 208. So Crete's percentage is better here.

Crete had 295 towable accidents. CFI had 132. Double the drivers CFI would be at 264.

The inspection percentages are pretty close too.

CFI
Type Vehicle Driver Hazmat
Inspections 3843 6298 432
Out of Service 371 267 33
Out of Service % 9.7% 4.2% 7.6%
Nat'l Average %
(2005-2006) 23.14% 6.80% 5.39%

CRETE
Type Vehicle Driver Hazmat
Inspections 8337 13991 609
Out of Service 926 236 42
Out of Service % 11.1% 1.7% 6.9%
Nat'l Average %
(2005-2006) 23.14% 6.80% 5.39%

Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Board Regular

That will never work Greg. It took common sense and thinking to comeup with those answers.