User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Heartland driver here

I drive Florida regional. Get around 2000 mi per week. 38 cpm ,home every weekend. Drive a lot at night. Trucks slow and beat u to death. International 9400i. Looking for a better job. :sad:
Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Default Re: Heartland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverut
A friend of mine drives for them otr, he seems to like it avg. 27oo mi a week. One thing to remember if you bitch about lds u r getting all the time they will not like u plane an simple. These places are going to give u the bottem of the barrel lds till u prove yourself. [an not gripe all the time]
My buddy went through it, now he gets the lds, he gets a Heartland cares when he is messed over which is 50 or so $ on next check. i see no1 on here said anything about that
Dude, either your vocabulary skills or your typing skills or both really really suck. I read your post 3 times and I'm still not sure what it is you wanted to say.
I just read it twice and said to hell with it and went to the next post...You can spell out the words here you don't have to text them...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Board Regular

I have been contacted by a few Heartland drivers lately. You can get a better driving job at CFI.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Heartland trucks ARE JUNK!!! Period. Stripped cornbinders.Atleast J.B. Hunt Cornbinders are "EAGLE"' interiours.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Karnajj - He is using text message typing, and not typing out regular sentences. I guess he forgot not everyone reads text language, and that he does not have to pay per letter to send a message. It is hard to read if you are not use to it. I'm not use to it, but could get the jist of what he said after reading it four times over.

daverut - Cool it. NO offense. The first message was hard to read, because you slipped into text messaging symbols and tricks to reduce the number of letters you would normally have to type. Remember many on the bords don't use the text language, because we don't have to worry about being charged per letter. It is much easier to type out complete words and sentences.

Just make an effort not to use text language, and no one will tell you they didn't understand what you just wrote.

edited to add: Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll pass this knowledge over to my husband who was thinking of Heartland. He hates driving at night, so I know now that this would definitly not be a good company for him.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam
Karnajj - He is using text message typing, and not typing out regular sentences. I guess he forgot not everyone reads text language, and that he does not have to pay per letter to send a message. It is hard to read if you are not use to it. I'm not use to it, but could get the jist of what he said after reading it four times over.

daverut - Cool it. NO offense. The first message was hard to read, because you slipped into text messaging symbols and tricks to reduce the number of letters you would normally have to type. Remember many on the bords don't use the text language, because we don't have to worry about being charged per letter. It is much easier to type out complete words and sentences.

Just make an effort not to use text language, and no one will tell you they didn't understand what you just wrote.

edited to add: Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll pass this knowledge over to my husband who was thinking of Heartland. He hates driving at night, so I know now that this would definitly not be a good company for him.
More like he is typing a message on the QualCom.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullitor
Heartland trucks ARE JUNK!!! Period. Stripped cornbinders.Atleast J.B. Hunt Cornbinders are "EAGLE"' interiours.
This is something I can never figure out with some people, and please explain. Yeah It's nice to have a comfy truck with all the goodies in it, but in the end as long as the tuck is safe to drive, and gets the job done, it is making you money.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 AM

there is some truth to the "comfy" truck theory

i had to run all week with a truely stripped down ryder rental truck while mine was in the shop...

the suspension and stearing sucked and the bed was so bad it only compounded problems by the end of the week i was so beat down i was glad to get my well maintained truck back from the shop....the seats even sucked i felt every bump and had to tiger balm my back and shoulders to sleep for that week

if i thought that pos was going to be my permanant truck or any company ran a similarly specked out truck i would have quit

while i dont require a tricked out truck comfort leads to productivity and adds to my bottom line in the end
Old 07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Rookie

you don't get as tired in a comfy truck.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Heartland driver here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinocat
I drive Florida regional. Get around 2000 mi per week. 38 cpm ,home every weekend. Drive a lot at night. Trucks slow and beat u to death. International 9400i. Looking for a better job. :sad:
Have you thought about "tanker work"? Better pay, less worry about miles, Very little late night driving....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.