User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
then that post is not worth squat
I can say what I feel without asking anyone's permission. k? thx bye.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 PM

No one told you that you had to ask....but i did ask if you ever actually worked for Barr-Nunn...It makes no difference to me that you obviously dont like the company...I would just like to know your reasons.
We have similar equipment, pay rates are pretty close to the same, We are getting miles....just want to know your reasons for not liking the place becaus I am happy there and it is a very good company to me...just want to know your story if you actually have one.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:56 AM

I apologize it's taken so long for me to respond. Been working hard. In other words not sitting. The reason I'd never work for Barr-scum is they let their drivers sit sit and sit some more. Their pay is less then that of Crete's and they have less freight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
I sat in Springfield, MA for 3 days over the Easter Holiday, and I was on the Southeastern Hometime Fleet,..... yeah, MA is in their SE Fleet.
I also spent 2 days waiting in K.C. for a load to get me to their terminal in IA. I thought THAT was inexcussable.
Quote:
Oh yeah, you will spend A LOT of time in tiny, cramped docks designed for 48 foot trailers and smaller.
I can't even count the times I was sent to New Jersey with a 53 ft trailer and the notes on the Qualcom specifically stated "No trailers over 48 FT".
Quote:
They do have some really heavy loads of water that run out of Florida, and that always helped to break the monotony of being in Jersey.
What's not to like here?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Can any past or present drivers for Barr-Nunn confirm or deny that the vast majority(75%) of their loads are picked up and/or delivered between the hours of 0001-0600 hrs???
Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoirish
Can any past or present drivers for Barr-Nunn confirm or deny that the vast majority(75%) of their loads are picked up and/or delivered between the hours of 0001-0600 hrs???
Can any drivers for any of the small, mid-sized, or large dry van carriers state with absolute certainty that they never picked up or delivered between the hours of 0001-0600? Most likely not. Precious few. Nature of the business.

For what its worth....I have never really heard any negative about Barr-Nun. Seems they are a few notches above the average.... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:

I care less what the pick-up and delievery times are I want at lease 3500 miles aweek.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache34
Quote:

I care less what the pick-up and delievery times are I want at lease 3500 miles aweek.
No way in he** you are going to get that at Barr-Nunn

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM

I ran 3300 last week, 2700 the week before around 3400 the week before...I guess thats terrible mileage......Getting 40.5 cpm started at .40 that cant be to far off of Cretes pay like was stated.

And on the subject of pick up times....no, 75 percent of the loads are not picked up and delivered during those times....and in my mind, pick up and delivery times should be a non issue to anyone out there really trying to make money. take what they throw at you and be a good reliable driver, who cares what time you deliver as long as it pays.

On the subject of Barr Nunn having less freight than Crete...yeah, i would think so, they are a way smaller carrier than Crete, of course their freight and customer base is smaller.

As far as heavy loads, small docks, running east sometimes and having to occasionaly wait when freight is down.....Well, thats 99% of carriers out there.

I'll just some it up like this, after shorthaul pay and multi stops and everything, I averaged .43 cpm this week and made good money, I hauled lots of very lite drop and hook air freight and generaly had a good easy 2 weeks out that only saw east coast for 1 day and have a couple of sizeable pay stubs to show for it. Bottom line is Its a good company overall...no company is perfect for the most part and if you argue different...you are just wrong.

And for the record, Prodigy I still didnt see you say that you had worked for Barr Nunn and experienced these trucking attrocities first hand.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache34
Quote:

No way in he** you are going to get that at Barr-Nunn
No way in hell you will find that at most carriers.