User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I started out making .26. I think thats the best place to start, makes a person appreciate a good driving job.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Rookie

So...... I get home and check my pay stubs, even do some math to be sure, I was getting 25cpm. So, not only did they underpay me, but turned around and lied to me. I actually averaged about 1800-2000 miles total each week including deadhead (which paid the same).

My Driver's License broke in two yesterday (an idoit at a Shipper had it ins a clipboard and ripped it taking it out, then I stepped on it in the morning) so I called my dispatcher telling him I had to go to the DMV and get a new one. Before I could tell him why, he jumped down my throat saying I should have taken care of it earlier, he didn't even know what happened and after his unprofessional attitude I decided to not tell him. He said "I had a good load for you but I'm taking it away and giving it to someone who wants to work" so I said "I'm sure it was a nice 1000 mile trip to the northeast so you can get me back up there and run my like a daycab". He didn't like that! He said my miles were low because I didn't want to drive them. I called BS on that because I would run out of hours every freaking day, I had to spend so many hours driving through downtown streets, just to get to the shp's and con's for mostly live unloads or live loads. Oh, and when they took too long, well, no retention pay because tthe account doesn't have it. I got so tired of having to spend my 10hrs breaks at the shippers and consingners because I would run out of hours there, no facilities, no food, sometimes sketchy places. He told me to get to my truck now, and I said Sorry for the licence situation and he said "Your going to be sorry". I took that as a warning he was going to F me bad. I know once they get me out there, I am kind of stranded, but I was in a good spot.

So, after our talk and him calling me a liar and just being a whiney child I called him back and told him to have a good one. Told him I am in controll and I won't drive for werner any more. I would liked to have left notice and all, but I think the dishonesty of my pay, combined with the low miles, and the threat "Your going tol be sorry" is justification.

So I have a application in review with Transport America, and I will be talking to a local company that a veteran driver of 40 years swears is the best company he's ever worked for.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Board Regular

I hope it works out for you Jason. It does seem to be a horror story for you so far. In trying to make something bad into good. At least your first exposure to OTR may have been worse. So it can only get better.

One would hope!!

Good luck.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Yup. We're always right. And by "we're", I mean "I'm". :wink:
Spoken like a true horses a$$...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Speaking of which, Why did you change your Avitair, Rev.???

Looks like you hired "RoadRunner9501" or Lewisfriend/Chad/Col.Looneytoon to drive your truck!!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Rookie

On my way home, I checked my bank account and my check was not even close to $400.

I was talking to other companies but was going to go back out one more time. Before I did, I called my dispatcher and told him I didn't care how busy he was, he's going to listen to me. I told him to look at how I spent a total of 3 weeks in the NE with an average run of under 150 miles. I told him I will not go back in the Northeast and will refuse any loads under 200 miles. He told me that I need to check my additude and he will run me how he wants and that he is the one in controll and I'm not telling him anything, bla, bla, bla. I said "I'm sorry but I can't go into the NE running local in city routing..." and he just interupted with "Oh, you'll be sorry" and something about how he can really give me some bad loads. I told him "No, I'm in controll, I won't run for werner anymore, I'm turning my truck in" and I did. Normally, I would leave a 2 week notice BUT I would be stupid to go out for werner again after that threat.

So, I am scheduled to start orientation with Transport America. However, I am thinking about trying automotive one more time. For some reason, I just am not excited about driving a truck anymore at all. Some say Werner put a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't know. I just don't think this job fits me.

Bottom line, STAY AWAY FROM WERNER. Unless you like to lie alot and want to be a recruiter, I bet Werner has more Recuriters than drivers that have been with them more than a year.