User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mills Transfer Trucking Company and training Good or Bad?

I was thinking about Mills company training - Does anyone know anything about them? The school is 2,500 which seems cheaper than most. Thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Mills Transfer Trucking Company and training Good or Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
I was thinking about Mills company training - Does anyone know anything about them? The school is 2,500 which seems cheaper than most. Thanks
I went through training with millis transfer and would recommend it to anyone. the training is first class and you learn to safely operate a big truck. it is not a cdl mill. the instructors really care about teaching safe driving. you complete 3 weeks of training and then go out with a trainer without you cdl. after you have driven for 2-3 weeks you schedule a test in your home state and your trainer takes you to it. since you dont actually have a cdl when you get in the truck your trainer must be in the passenger seat training you. class size is no more than 5 but usually 2 to 4 students. instructors are laid back and very calm. they are all ex drivers.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Rookie
Default Mills Thanks for info

Did you work for them? Are they a good company to work for - miles - equitment- any info would help out .
Thanks for you input!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Mills Thanks for info

Quote:
Did you work for them? Are they a good company to work for - miles - equitment- any info would help out .
Thanks for you input!
been with them for 7 months now. good miles. I average 2500-3200 a week my lowest was 1900 and that was over the holidays and I was home for 4 days. I drive a 2005 T2000 with a 10 speed. no trucks older than 3 years old. mostly run east of the Mississippi river. company is very good with new drivers and will work with any situation that comes up. i get home every other weekend around 3-4 pm on Friday and leave out Monday morning. I would recommend this company to anyone first starting out. I was under a load once in a snow storm and my dispatcher sent me a message that the roads where pretty bad and asked me if I felt comfortable going on. I said yes but I might be late. 10 min later he sent me a message saying he had other drivers shutting down and that he was more worried about me being safe then some load that I could deliver the next day. not many companies care that much.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

My brother in law was an o/o team with his brother and loved it there. He got out of it to go back to school to become a teacher. He said it was a very good company and would go back if he got the urge.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Mills Transfer Trucking Company and training Good or Bad

Quote:
forgot to ad the school is 2500 you pay 500. 100 up front to secure a spot in class and 400 the first day of class. if you stay with the company a year then you owe nothing if you leave within the first year you owe 2000. millis pays for your hotel during school. if you figure it out the 2000 basically covers the amount of pay they give you during your time with your trainer and millis is actually loosing money if you walk after you get your cdl.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Millis does care if you are a student coming into them however as an EXP driver who came to them I was amazed who poorly run the company was run. When the drivers the person who actually drive and deliver the freight that pay the bills are treated like a second class citzens at the headquaters that is for the birds. The dispatch office was locked so a driver could not meet with his/her fleet manager mine was so rude as to resend every message back to me regardless of what it was. I was forced to shut down do to the roads being cloased and you would think the world ended by the reply I got. I was told find a way around it that was when I was carring a load of scarp paper.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Millis does care if you are a student coming into them however as an EXP driver who came to them I was amazed who poorly run the company was run. When the drivers the person who actually drive and deliver the freight that pay the bills are treated like a second class citzens at the headquaters that is for the birds. The dispatch office was locked so a driver could not meet with his/her fleet manager mine was so rude as to resend every message back to me regardless of what it was. I was forced to shut down do to the roads being cloased and you would think the world ended by the reply I got. I was told find a way around it that was when I was carring a load of scarp paper.
I never had any problems like that. yes the back door to dispatch is locked but if you introduce yourself and ask to meet your dispatcher they are more than happy to oblige. I guess attitude would have a lot to do with that. Dont forget you cant do your job without their help either. (otherwise you would run under your own authority) in my experience people that get doors slammed in their face deserve it. just my .02
Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Rookie
Default millis transfer

watch out for mike millis the company is good equiptment is excellent they run t2000 all equipment is on a 3 year rotation they haul lots of miller beer and paper if your a student from MASS stay the hell away if they even will send you to school you'll never pass a mass cdl in there trucks and if your from WI all is great they have a great class room program and good trainers but there is nothing spelled out in the contract about how many times you get to try for your cdl test i got 3 first time was a paper mistake the next time the course was setup for 40' trailer and day cab and last time they adjusted the course but needless to say i only hit one of my 5 required to pass the course end and mike millis terminated me and wants his $2000 back so watch you A!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I never had any problems like that. yes the back door to dispatch is locked but if you introduce yourself and ask to meet your dispatcher they are more than happy to oblige. I guess attitude would have a lot to do with that. Dont forget you cant do your job without their help either. (otherwise you would run under your own authority) in my experience people that get doors slammed in their face deserve it. just my .02
I lived in a town that has a Millis yard Streator IL and I was lucky to get 2000 miles a week. I asked multiple times to get in the regional fleet based out of there running to Milwaukee and Lebanon OH that was always SCREAMING for drivers. Guess what I was told every time HELL F&&&ING NO by MR MILLIS himself everytime. They would rather use me for the forced runs overnight to Atlanta from Streator or overnight to Eden NC than keep a driver happy.