Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Most Millis drivers are happy there.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Millis

I lasted just over 3 years there back when I was single in 96 - 99. Got sick of waiting on beer to be made, paper to be made, and driver unloads for cheap pay. They dont care about the drivers, but I dont think any company as a whole does. Charged me $275 for a truck recovery fee even though I returned the truck to their property when I quit. They are interested exclusively in what serves their purpose, and to hell with anyone who doesnt like it. Basically a bunch of nickel and dimers up there. I think they started all these training facilities so they could indoctrinate rookies to their way of doing things.. A driver mill to get a start in the business , but definitely not a place to stay. Kind of like JB Hunt was for me in 94. Mike Millis being a safety director was always amusing to me. He has a few skeletons in his closet. A place best avoided, believe me.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Mills Thanks for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
Did you work for them? Are they a good company to work for - miles - equitment- any info would help out .
Thanks for you input!
Did you even read his post? :roll:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Rookie

2006 was my first full year with Millis, I went solo in Mid Oct 05. My first truck was an 04 KW T2000, my next truck was an 07 KW T600. Millis is now getting the T600 in 07, after that it will be the T660.

I drove 131,684 paid miles with 80 days off, average miles per week were 2532 including short weeks with TAH. My best full week out I ran 3789, my worst was 2041. I grossed .368 cents a mile. I run 3 weeks out, with 5 days off. I Had 3 weeks paid vacation, 12/17/06 thru 1/6/07.

I pay nothing out of pocket to the truck. Millis has EZ-Pass and Pre-Pass, toll cards for OH and IN. They do not screw around with your pay, they tell you before pay day if they missed something, very rare, and it will be in the next pay check. They do not screw around your TAH or vaction, as long as you give them 7 days notice you will be home when requested.

There are a lot of Millis driver over at www.truckersroad.com. Millis even has a forum over there.

Mark
Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Rookie
Default MILLIS TRACTORS

I was told by the recuriter that everyone starts off (after training) with a KW T600 or 660. How true is this??
Old 05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Mills Transfer Trucking Company and training Good or Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
I was thinking about Mills company training - Does anyone know anything about them? The school is 2,500 which seems cheaper than most. Thanks
Just a heads up here. I've been reading on another board that there is going to be a BIG change in their policy for trainees. The old policy was that you pay $500 up front, then the $2000 was waived after you were hired and drive for them for one year. The new policy is you still pay the $500 up front, but after you are hired and start driving for them, you will pay the $2000...at $20 per week for 100 weeks.