User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Anyhow, as this topic has been beaten to death on this forum, I dont expect anyone to keep this going. CRE isnt the greatest, and everyone knows it once they do some research. Only thing you can hope for is that anyone that goes to CRE and gets shafted move on, whether compaines except them or not, as far as training and expierence. I know that as far as my personal point of view goes, I will gain some knowledge on driving, make a little money, and then I will see where it goes from there.

CRE does have people that have been there for several years, and they are happy with it overall. Its a game of wether or not you want to work, wether or not you can put up with some level of BS, and whether or not you like trucking in itself.

I might get to it and say, man CRE sucks, not because CRE sucks, but because I have a low threshold for BS, or I hate driving. Doesnt make CRE necessarly evil, but they could have made it better for me. Each person has their own preferences out there, so it might work out more or less for some.

CRE is my starting point due to the lack of options, CRE may be my ending point, it may be my dream job. Only time will tell.

Hopefully though, I will make it through it all and get to join you guys on the open road. After all, isnt that what its all about, working.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehedgecock

This job, being so high on my charts makes me think trucking will work out no matter the carrier. I like long hours, with PH I was only clearing 455 week before taxes for 70 hours (you do the math), yet I still loved it.
You may or may not exceed that number. From the drivers I've talked to, you might be lucky to MEET that weekly wage. It also has alot to do with how you'll run.

Look at more options. They are there. The school I went to all of the other students were there on the state's dime. IE: Unemployment, welfare, etc etc.
I was the only person who paid on his own dime. But lot's of those programs that pay for the training from what I've been told, you don't have to pay them back. Try your hardest and look harder. Or just wait the 7 months till you can apply to other company's that offer In house training.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Board Icon

Think of it this way - starting with CRE, there's only room for improvement. :P :lol:
Old 02-28-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Think of it this way - starting with CRE, there's only room for improvement. :P :lol:
HAHA

Not to get off topic(though it's still about CR) guy I went through orientation with came here from CRE. Paid his own way through his CDL training. His first load left Salt Lake, headed to *gasp* LONG ISLAND :shock:. His very first solo load. He put in his year. Made good money some weeks, Squeaked by most weeks.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Good luck making ends meet at .24 cpm. Wow that's heavy tunes in a year when WonderBread goes for over a buck a loaf. There's guys running linehaul at my outfit who pull down .53 cpm and never see hide nor hair of a grocery whorehouse.

The hardluck tales of woe I've heard from former CR drivers are as long as your arm. Driver, suffice to say that you must RUN...DON'T WALK away from those idiots. And never ever look back or you'll be turned into the proverbial "pillar of salt" of Biblical fame. Or was that a Star Trek episode?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Board Member

There are other companies that offer free training and can get you going for free, i'd take a look at some other companies before i decide where to go!!!! Schneider, swift, and they pay better!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
There are other companies that offer free training and can get you going for free, i'd take a look at some other companies before i decide where to go!!!! Schneider, swift, and they pay better!!!!!
These companies have been mentioned previously ... He has an accident of such description that Swift, Schieder, etc want to wait until 3 years have past. Right now that would be 7 more months.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Ok, as far as the Failure to control vehicle, it was on a normal street, only going roughly 40 miles an hour when speed is 35. Someone in oncoming went to turn to enter a parking lot on the side of the street that i was on so they crossed my path. I locked up and aimed for a grassy opening on the oppisite side of the street and as I was sliding across, the vehicle behind the one that was crossing in front of me decided to go ahead and go and our passenger sides caught each other.
Hmmm Somehow your DMV report or something indicates something far worse. I say this because thse companies will forgive an accident but will not forgive more serious offenses. I did a search of traffic laws and "Failure to Control .." is a law that describes from getting into an accident to simply weaving. Something is not coming together for me.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Rookie

Well, I just got off the phone with schinder asking them about that accident I had. They said that they are now asking that all accidents be at least 5 years old before allowing someone in.

The plus side is that they will accept me with my training at CRE, so long as I dont kill anyone...... of course. All I have to have is at least 4 mnths by myself or in a team (trainers dont count) and then I am eligble to go to schnieder and only have to take a assemnt to be on as a expierenced driver.

I guess thats a posistive note. So I guess it will go like this, CRE until August of this year (if i make it that long) then on to Schnieder. I plan on pulling a few years with orange guys to get some decent time under my belt, then I may make the move again to one of the better compaines.

It is a very steep uphill battle, but I am going to get myself through this. Time, patenice, and sheer will, in search of the all mighty dollar.

Is it profitable to be a O/O. I would like to have a ultimate goal with this, and i figure getting my own truck one day and doing this on my own might be a goal to pursue.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions, as I am not going to be one that goes to CRE with my gaurd down. I just pray it goes somewhat smooth for a few months.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Is it profitable to be a O/O. I would like to have a ultimate goal with this, and i figure getting my own truck one day and doing this on my own might be a goal to pursue.
It depends. All O/O's are not created equal.