I was kinda surprised it was that much.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barriomusic
same thing you do at pilot and walmart whenever you buy so much a soft drink. hey lets buy a big tank of coke, put it next to 32 oz cups that cost only about 1.3 cents each and see how many suckers will buy them for 1.80 each. ITS CALLED AMERICAN BUSINESS.
Thanks for the voodoo economics lesson there, Alan Greenspan. See ya' in the soup line.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM

i don't get it. everbody slams the lease deals. is it the same as being an o/o? they have truck payments also and all the expenses but noone slams them. but i honestly do not know what the differences are. is that these guys get into lease deals and think they are going to run mon thru fri and take every weekend off? or are they really rip offs? someone give some accuate info...if they have any.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

The biggest problems with lease purchase is you are buying your truck from the same company you are running for. You have no option to go somewhere else if you are not making money. The lease payments are really HIGH!! we have TWO trucks now and BOTH truck payments together are less than we paid at Arrow for 1 truck.

The company you are running for has your future in their hands. If they dont give you miles you cant make it.

Think about it this way....If you already owned your own truck and someone offered you $1.03 a mile on a load would you take it.....I hope NOT!! Why do it for these companies then?? They are making a KILLING off of you and you are footing their bill.

We drove for Arrow for 3 years LP and it was hard.....we thought we were doing good. We took the plunge and bought our own truck and now we see just how much we really LOST!! The knowledge we gained was priceless but the money we really lost over 3 years makes ya sick.

I dont see how the poster of this thread is making 1200-1600 a week and only have a 400 week payment. Our output was 1100.00 per week that was truck payment, ins, mait fund, qualcomm, ect. We had to drive 3000+ miles a week to make that kind of money. We were making about 1.15- 1.20 per mile depending on fuel surge.

So I still say it is NOT the best thing to do. But I cant condem you for wanting to try it cause we have been there and done that....

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 PM

thanks for the legit info. i was not looking to get into a lease deal, although i have looked into them, but something just did not settle well with me. it just didn't add up. when crunching numbers i found i would maybe make the same as i am now, that is mainly why i never looked any further, but i still never understood it. i think people are sold on the fact that they get the loads they want are are under the impression that they can work when they want and have some control over the company because they think they own the truck. but maybe instead of bashing the them for trying try to educate people that are going to try this. some people are not good at analyzing the numbers to see they might be better off not doing a lease deal. but i do agree, the two or three companies i talked to make it sound like you are going to get rich. however to give some praise to one recruiter, i was talking to a guy at ffe..long story short. he told me i would be crazy to leave where i was at to pursue their l/p deal.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
I hope that $1.03 per mile is a misprint
With fuel incentives, I think that is about right.

Central treats their O.O.s a hell of a lot better than their company drivers.

I would never go back as a company driver but would as an O.O. Especially if I already owned my truck.