User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omapilot
Thank you for this post. I am going to USX orientation here in a couple weeks and I just ran across this post in my search. I am a recent graduate and only worked briefly for one company. I voluntairly left during my time out with the road trainer. At the time things just did not work for my family. Do you have any hints on the road test or other things that I should prepare for before I go? I am going to the Lincoln, Ne terminal. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A word of advice about USX
As a former USX driver, I regret signing the computer pad without looking at the screen which they cover. Never do it again.

One thing to remember about US Xpress.

There is NO VACATION Pay,
No Holiday Pay,
No Sick Pay
No Brievement pay.
You get a 250.00 retention pay on your anniversary date. THATS IT. I have a drivers manual to prove.

My wife almost died not to long ago. I was loading and got a call from my daughter that Mom was not answering her phone. Called 911. Dispatch routed me home and repowered my load. Got home, got a call from dispatch to turn in tractor at terminal 200 miles away within 24 hours , they called every 3 hours to make sure I was on the way (if you don't, they report it stolen- seen this happen several times).

Did they care, or express sympathy - NO.

I sent in a letter of resignation.

USX repaid me by posted that I was terminated for safety issues.
The send you an UNSIGNED boiler plate mail piece from Safety telling you that you are terminated. No names, no signatures.

Great company.

USX lost a major GM (mid 2006) and The Home Depot dedicated accounts (spring 2007).. Had the best service record but got greedy.

Hoovers.com reports; co-chairmen Patrick Quinn and Max Fuller placed a bid valued at more than $350 million to take the company private
Old 07-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Thank you for the word of caution. I still have not made a decision on where to go as of yet. There are a few that I have in mind, but it seems like every day there is more coming out about USX that I did not realize. I guess that patience is a good thing in finding the right company! Thank you for your help!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:33 PM

Whatever you do don't go with them. I have a posting from last yr. on here about my week with them. They are fruitcakes!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. It is tough anymore to determine the "right" choice, just when you think that you have it someone will tell a horror story that makes you second guess everthing. But, I guess that we have to make what we think is the correct choice and make the best of the cards that are dealt. Sometimes there is allot of give and take. Seems like mostly take anymore!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpaw04
One thing to remember about US Xpress.

There is NO VACATION Pay,
No Holiday Pay,
No Sick Pay
No Brievement pay.

You get a 250.00 retention pay on your anniversary date. THATS IT. I have a drivers manual to prove.
my drivers manual says vacation pay but i have been with them alot longer than you have so i checked my paystub and you are right it is NOW called retention pay so i called payroll and found out all thay did was change the name, it's still the same pay as it has always been and it goes up $50 each year.
Quote:
No Holiday Pay,
No Sick Pay
No Brievement pay
if this is so unusual then it should not be to hard for others to list companies that pay this...?? btw only otr non-dedicated non-union companies after all lets keep this apples to apples. you can also post the url to show how pays it. no fudging.

Quote:
My wife almost died not to long ago. I was loading and got a call from my daughter that Mom was not answering her phone. Called 911. Dispatch routed me home and repowered my load.
so thay got you right home
Quote:
Got home, got a call from dispatch to turn in tractor at terminal 200 miles away within 24 hours , they called every 3 hours to make sure I was on the way (if you don't, they report it stolen- seen this happen several times).
how long after you got home did thay call....?? if you are home more than seven day's you are required to turn in the truck "it's in the drivers manual" btw legal thing thay CAN'T call it stolen.... thay gave you the keys so it's not stolen. unauthorized use yes but stolen NO.

Quote:
I sent in a letter of resignation.
why didn't you hand this to them when you turned in the truck...?

Quote:
Hoovers.com reports; co-chairmen Patrick Quinn and Max Fuller placed a bid valued at more than $350 million to take the company private
what is wrong with that...??
Old 07-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Is it true that when you go to orientation with USX they have nothing completed on your app? Like checking work history, background etc... Not that I have anything to hide but if something goes wrong with my past work history they do not like, I really dont want to get sent home from orientation and have to start over somewhere being jobless! Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Rookie

They start processing your application the first day of Orientation.

So bring all your documents and be prepared to explain in detail annything and everything.

"We don't want to waste time investigating someone who may not show up for orientation."
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 PM

That is pretty interesting. I can see their point somewhat, but still you have to quit your job, go to orientation and if something does not come up right you are gone and now jobless! I have not heard of any other companies doing it this way. But, maybe they do and I am just not aware. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omapilot
That is pretty interesting. I can see their point somewhat, but still you have to quit your job, go to orientation and if something does not come up right you are gone and now jobless! I have not heard of any other companies doing it this way. But, maybe they do and I am just not aware. Thanks for the input.

I THINK they may require you to quit first is because ( some,most,many) companies don't up-date your DAC report until you leave the company and USX wants to see your record there also. I know for a fact that USX doesn't up-date until you leave.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Rookie

flood

yes they got me home, 2 hours after getting home dispatch started calling to turn my truck in. The first call went to VM as I was in conference with my wife's doctor. (would you have answered that or any call call or would you pay attention to the Doctor as he was explaining your wife's cancer and the regiment she is to undergo.) Dispatch did not like the fact that the call went to VM. They called every 2-3 hours untill I turned in the tractor.

I submitted a letter of resignation at time of tractor turn.

I was verbally threatened that if the tractor was not turned in by the time they specified, it will be reported stolen. Last year I recovered a tractor that they actually reported stolen. The was tractor parked in front of the drivers house.

what is wrong with that...?? NOTHING IF EVERYTHING IS ABOVE BOARD

FROM XPRSA board:

Challenge the Proposed Buyout (Not rated) 23-Jun-07 10:53 am To challenge the adequacy of the proposed buyout, please contact us at [email protected] or toll-free at 866/264-3995. Guri Ademi, www.ademilaw.com.
Rate it:

Does anyone know the date of tender offer? (Not rated) 27-Jun-07 07:38 am When is this tender offer for $20 a share going to happen, why is the stock trading so low at $18.80? Do people think this is not going to happen?

Sentiment : Strong Buy
Rate it:

Tender Offer Update? (Not rated) 4-Jul-07 04:16 pm Does anyone have any updates as to the status of the ender offer? Given the current pps, could be a great short term trade.

Sentiment : Buy
Rate it:

EARNINGS (Not rated) 19-Jul-07 05:04 pm Did they forget about reporting today or what?
Rate it:

yecart2u

Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Messages

Ignore User

Report Abuse

Re: EARNINGS (Not rated) 20-Jul-07 08:36 am Watch the boards the next few days.

As a stockholder I do not like what I am not seeing.

No news since quin and Max said we want out of the public eye so were going private.

What gives

Sentiment : Hold
Rate it:

cargoconelkgrove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Messages

Ignore User

Report Abuse

Re: EARNINGS (Not rated) 20-Jul-07 08:46 am This boared is so dead, not releaseing earnings till next week is not going to bold well for the stock in the next few trading days, even if they are still going private, it just puts doubts in investors minds. They should of never confirmed earnings release when they did, if they knew it was a possiblity that they were going to hold back announcement.
Rate it:

yecart2u

Male

View Messages

Ignore User

Report Abuse

Re: EARNINGS (Not rated) 20-Jul-07 05:46 pm When do I get my twenty bucks?
Rate it:

Max & Pat made the tender offer to take the company private than missed an earnings call. Not Good.

USX Stock quote :

At 12:42PM ET: 18.48 0.23 (1.26%)

The $350,000,000.00 tender offer looks good but why would you miss a scheduled earnings call?

If you pay attention to the financial markets, missing earnings raises red flags that don't need to be re\aised when you issue a tender offer to go private. Make a shaky invetment/loan market pull back.

[/quote]