User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
If I had employees, I'd be damned if I let them refuse loads. If they want to do that, then they ought to start making the truck payments, the insurance payments, etc.

Most company jobs (I'm sure there is a minority exception out there, but I have yet to see it) are forced dispatch. Many O/O jobs are as well.

The company your husband works for has forced dispatch. As far as "'the company couldn't force him to run over his HOS'", they can't force you to run illegal, forced dispatch or not. They would be violating the law.
Sounds to me that you would tell your drivers that they have "forced dispatch". Nothing wrong with that, as long as you are upfront about it.

But there are some companies who will tell you NO FORCED LOADS just to get you in the door. Then they let you sit and think about it.

As far as I'm concern, everybody I work for is No Forced Loads.....I can always look for another job. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
There are 12,00 more trucks then drivers,
What number is this? 1,200? 12,000? Where are you getting this statistic from?
Sorry, I meant 12,000. US dept of labor
Old 02-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Rookie

Yepper, same ol get ya in the door BS...99% no touch loads, no forced dispatch, guaranteed at least 3000 miles a week blah blah blah. Usually, if any of these statements hold true after your first month, you've found yourself a good company.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:
If I had employees, I'd be damned if I let them refuse loads. If they want to do that, then they ought to start making the truck payments, the insurance payments, etc.

Most company jobs (I'm sure there is a minority exception out there, but I have yet to see it) are forced dispatch. Many O/O jobs are as well.

The company your husband works for has forced dispatch. As far as "'the company couldn't force him to run over his HOS'", they can't force you to run illegal, forced dispatch or not. They would be violating the law.
Sounds to me that you would tell your drivers that they have "forced dispatch". Nothing wrong with that, as long as you are upfront about it.

But there are some companies who will tell you NO FORCED LOADS just to get you in the door. Then they let you sit and think about it.

As far as I'm concern, everybody I work for is No Forced Loads.....I can always look for another job. :wink:
Thats my thought anymore too!
They can force the truck but not me :wink: