Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Forced dispatch???? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24900-forced-dispatch.html)

thephoneispapa 02-17-2007 05:56 PM

Forced dispatch????

Can someone please define what 'no forced dispatch' means to the company driver. Thought I knew, but hubby's company has a very different definition.
Quote:

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Baby Bullseye 02-17-2007 06:15 PM

I believe that it means that the company can not make you take a load you are free to refuse. This however does not mean that your company won't make you life harder if you refuse to take a load. That is the definition that I know of. Hope it helps.

Mr. Ford95 02-17-2007 07:48 PM

Forced Dispatch means they assign you a load, you take it no matter what. You cannot opt out on the load.

No Forced Dispatch means you have a choice. They send you a load that you would rather not take, you can say no and they will send you another load.

thephoneispapa 02-17-2007 07:53 PM

Thanks for the reply...that was my take on what it means also. When hubby tried to refuse a load, his company informed him that 'no forced dispatch' meant that 'the company couldn't force him to run over his HOS'. As far as I know...DOT has the say in that rule

Rev.Vassago 02-17-2007 09:22 PM

If I had employees, I'd be damned if I let them refuse loads. If they want to do that, then they ought to start making the truck payments, the insurance payments, etc.

Most company jobs (I'm sure there is a minority exception out there, but I have yet to see it) are forced dispatch. Many O/O jobs are as well.

The company your husband works for has forced dispatch. As far as "'the company couldn't force him to run over his HOS'", they can't force you to run illegal, forced dispatch or not. They would be violating the law.

Trucker4Life 02-17-2007 10:29 PM

Sounds to me like Dispatch just put the screws to the driver...creating their own definition of "Forced Dispatch" to get a load off their board. Kinda makes you say...hmmmmmmmm

tbogle05 02-17-2007 10:41 PM

Sounds to me like that could be construed as false advertisement. but then again maybe not.

Even companies who say no forced dispatch have ways of making you take a load. send u a load and you refuse they say thats all we have take it or set for a few days then u have no choice. Or they could just put you to the bottom of their load list which could make you set for a couple days as well. :cry:

sounds like a rotten deal your husbands got

Uturn2001 02-18-2007 12:55 AM

Forced and non forced dispatch has different meaning at companies.

At most companies forced dispatch means you take the load(s) given you.

Non forced dispatch means you can choose to take the load or decline it.

Sadly some companies and/or dispatchers think that forced dispatch means you take the load that is assigned as it is assigned and to hell with the rules and regulations.

jnk2001 02-18-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
If I had employees, I'd be damned if I let them refuse loads. If they want to do that, then they ought to start making the truck payments, the insurance payments, etc.

Most company jobs (I'm sure there is a minority exception out there, but I have yet to see it) are forced dispatch. Many O/O jobs are as well.

The company your husband works for has forced dispatch. As far as "'the company couldn't force him to run over his HOS'", they can't force you to run illegal, forced dispatch or not. They would be violating the law.

There are 12,00 more trucks then drivers, and if someone doesn't want to take a load, then let the company find a driver :?

Rev.Vassago 02-18-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnk2001
There are 12,00 more trucks then drivers,

What number is this? 1,200? 12,000? Where are you getting this statistic from?