User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i just quit working for covenant in jan. 07. i set at truckstops and shops more than i was on the road. If i did get to run i would get short runs and then i would sit for hrs to wait to get unloaded. i was averaging about 1000 miles a week if lucky. I have a couple of friends still there they are thinking about quitting as well. they are only getting 2500 a week running teams. they set around more than they run. i would look into another company if at all possilbe. unless u want to see the paint peel on the truck stop buildings. I made since aug o6 to dec 06 $7500 thats what was on my w-2 when i filed taxes this yr.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

A friend of mine is with Covenant right now. We speak on the phone almost daily. Everything negative you hear about this company is true. He left home with a weeks clothing and went to orientation and it's been about two months now and he's still not home. The other day I told him if he wanted to quit I'd pay for his bus ticket home I felt so bad for him.

He told me too that they are trying to go to an all team company. I don't know if it's true or not though.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
A friend of mine is with Covenant right now. We speak on the phone almost daily. Everything negative you hear about this company is true. He left home with a weeks clothing and went to orientation and it's been about two months now and he's still not home. The other day I told him if he wanted to quit I'd pay for his bus ticket home I felt so bad for him.

He told me too that they are trying to go to an all team company. I don't know if it's true or not though.

As far as them trying to go all team, they've been trying to that since 03. They havent got very far yet.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Board Regular

I run a team here at CFI with my dad. We are doing good here, plenty of frieght and few delays. CFI pays a driver when the trip is dispatched, not when the trip pack gets opened. Check out my Website link, I really like it here.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj_otr
I was told by a driver that USX is a sister company to Covenant... Don't know if there is any truth...
I am thinking I read somewhere a few months ago that the owners are related.