User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had very few problems with Roehl , I was there 3 years and dispatched out of Gary most of the time . My FM was Kerry , as far as I know he's still there . 95% of the time I got 3000+ miles in a full week . Hell , I ran midwest regional for 6 months out of Gary and got well over 2500 miles a week and was always home two full days . Then , when I switched to 7on/7off I was dispatched out of Marshfield and got usually anywhere from 3100 to 3700 miles a week no problem with Terry and then Al as my fleet managers. The first few months suck , they usually keep you in the northeast with short runs , but once you prove yourself they will hook you up with the miles .
Old 02-09-2007, 02:33 PM

thanx smooth
Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Rookie

Smooth, what years did you work out of Gary? And when and WNY did you leave Roehl?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
Smooth, what years did you work out of Gary? And when and WNY did you leave Roehl?
I worked out of Gary from Nov.03 till July 05 , after that it was Marshfield . I left Roehl in August of 06 for Yellow . Although Roehl was a good company , when I was accepted at yellow it was an easy choice to go with them .
Old 02-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Board Regular

You will be ok at RDTC. Just remember that you are there to learn to drive. Don't worry about all the crap you read about dispatchers and terminal locations from those that Roehl was just not the right company to work for. Right now the important thing is getting your CDL, get through training and out into your own truck.

Dispatchers and what terminal you are out of comes later. If you end up with a DSR that you can't work with then ask to change. Not everyone is going to get lucky and match up with the right DSR right off the bat. It takes some effort on your part to try and make a go with the DSR. If you just can't work it out then ask for a change. Roehl has invested time and money in your training. They really don't want to lose drivers. Give it a few months to learn how OTR life is and how your routine in your truck fits in to company expectations.

About training on the road. Again personalities may not mesh for training. If you get a trainer that you just can't learn from and work with... speak up and let the training department know. If things just can't be worked out ask for a different trainer. If you get a good trainer hopefully you can establish a working relationship and he will allow you to call him in those first few months with any questions you have.

I survived my first year with Roehl by remaining friends with one of my trainers. He was there willing to answer questions when I needed guidence. I can't say that my first year was easy but now that it is behind me I feel good that I survived.

If you have any questions PM me.

Soladad
"Miss Daisy's" driver
Old 02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
If you end up with a DSR that you can't work with then ask to change. Not everyone is going to get lucky and match up with the right DSR right off the bat. It takes some effort on your part to try and make a go with the DSR. If you just can't work it out then ask for a change.
You will have to kiss up to your DSR's manager if you want a change. So if you don't suck d**k or kiss azz, you're shi+ outta luck like I was. If you don't believe me go to http://www.roehldriver.com/phpBB2/index.php and read the threads entitled "fed up with roehl!" and "Adios roehl" :lol:

I worked there a year and had 3 DSR's. The one I had out of Gary got fired (thank god) and the last guy I had out of Marshfield has no idea of what being a truck driver entails. The only good DSR I had was my "training" or "developmental" one.

I think Roehl is a good company. It's just that we didn't "mesh" well... :lol: I don't know how else to explain it. If I was lazy or had a bad attitude, would I not be failing miserably at Crete like I was at Roehl?

My advice is to go to RDTC and tough it out for a year and spread your wings. Don't expect to make much $ though, I made $29,700 my first year there. I could've made that flippin' burgers at BK and been home every night and would not have had to pay all the expenses that go along with living on the road.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Board Regular

$29,700 your first year ? wow , I made 43k my first year there OTR and well over 30k doing the 7on 7off . I didn't suck up or kiss ass either , it's called courtesy and delivering on time .
Old 02-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Rookie

Being courteous and delivering on time got me less than $500.00 per week on average. I'm glad you got a good dispatcher and the company lived up to it's promises to you. I know of NONE of the new drivers of my intake who were so lucky as you.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Board Regular

Well Prodigy.. all I can say is that I am glad that you have moved on and found a company that can put up with your BS. Don't need your attitude here at Roehl.

Soladad
Old 02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Rookie

Soladad, ANYONE who posts things to message boards he or she would not say to them face to face is part of the problem, not the solution.

I could go on about this, but I'd rather post this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXR1i267Fg

(quote)
"The internet can be a prety scary place if you're not prepared"

"How would you PREPARE for it?!"

"I don't know, maybe go to your local middle school chess club, hand out crystal meth and hand guns?"