Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Also next time we call you ( and we will call you) you might want to ask the recruiter to take you out of the system for at least 3 years.
Ol' JB still calls me to check up on me periodically! :lol:

They must hold on to all those numbers from the frist day they started cuz they "still" call us...and I have told them I am very happy with my company..and they are persistant...and its almost
like talking to a Johovah Witness....(no offense to any Johovah Witnesses out there) *sheepish grin*....

Good LUck
Keep on Truckin
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Just got my W-2's from JB Hunt....

Three months on the road....

Total Income = $5534.12

That was the bottom line, and the reason why there wasn't a forth month. :wink:
I tried Covenant once, many years ago....one of the finest lines (lies) told was the mile story...you will make the miles, and the money. Sure, uh huh...older and wiser I am now, the recruiters make money getting you on, and some will tell you anything to get you there.

JB still calls me and I haven't driven since 2001. I tell them the same thing every time....if I want to drive, it will be OTR flatbed or heavy haul, no vans, no docks, no short lines, no slip seating, no joke, and why do you still call me when you know and I know that I will never work for you?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Just got my W-2's from JB Hunt....

Three months on the road....

Total Income = $5534.12

That was the bottom line, and the reason why there wasn't a forth month. :wink:
I tried Covenant once, many years ago....one of the finest lines (lies) told was the mile story...you will make the miles, and the money. Sure, uh huh...older and wiser I am now, the recruiters make money getting you on, and some will tell you anything to get you there.

JB still calls me and I haven't driven since 2001. I tell them the same thing every time....if I want to drive, it will be OTR flatbed or heavy haul, no vans, no docks, no short lines, no slip seating, no joke, and why do you still call me when you know and I know that I will never work for you?
You know, it's funny....they don't call me. Of course, I've changed my number about 3 times sinced I worked for them....guess they can't keep up. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Since January 1st I have brought home $4824.71 with JB Hunt and have had 8 days off.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Screen shot from online check stub.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:11 AM

I have to say that I made very good money with JB but they are scam artists when it comes to taxes.
1. Don't take the perdium or you will pay big time next tax year.
2. Claim 0 on your w-4 and you will still pay when you file.
The first year that I drove for them I made close to $50,000 and they paid only $5500 in taxes during the year. I claimed 1 and no perdium. Even with my wifes income and all of our deductions we still paid $1000 when we filed.
This year we were originally going to get back $1300 until we figured in the w-2 for JB for 2.5 months and now we are getting back $825 and i claimed 0 on my w-4 for those 2.5 months. JB only took out 8% for income tax. They save a small fortune by making the drivers pay the extra when they file their taxes.
Their perdium amount exceeds the amount allowed by law and new tax laws will require you to forfet your deduction and make you pay the IRS at the end of the year.

You are a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu, and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name, silence is your native tongue. You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We are "them." We are "they." We are the Men in Black.

We either hang together or we will be hanged seperately. -Benjamin Franklin 1767