User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Just when I actually trusted Werner (long!)

Well I decided to go back to wiener because they offered me a dedicated route, .34 CPM, etc, etc. Well I was told I had to go through orientation again which was no big deal. What they failed to tell me is since it's been a month since I left Knight I was going to have to go out with a trainer for 40 hours to make sure my "winter driving was ok" This is after having driven for them for six months and then another 3 through a werner owner/op last winter in addition to nine months at Knight. I told them what they could do with their "co driver" idea and left orientation. Luckily I took my vehicle planning on having my wife dropping me off the last day with my gear. A note to anyone considering them as a trainee- one new hire there was told they pay $350 for training out the gate and 35.7 CPM after training which is a flat out lie. I took their falsehoods and omissions of the facts when I was a trainee but having time under my belt they just did me a favor. I told them why should I team with someone who's only claim to training is they want the extra dough and have driven for six months. What a joke and a waste of time, if Knight Portland would've dispatched me anywhere besides L.A. I would've just stayed there. This is not to disparage the few good trainers with years of experience who are still with weiner (there are a few) I'm just venting on how they can lie knowing odds are a driver will try to stick it out or take the abuse. >RANT OFF
Old 01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Just when I actually trusted Werner (long!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piaa_nissan
Well I decided to go back to wiener because they offered me a dedicated route, .34 CPM, etc, etc. Well I was told I had to go through orientation again which was no big deal. What they failed to tell me is since it's been a month since I left Knight I was going to have to go out with a trainer for 40 hours to make sure my "winter driving was ok" This is after having driven for them for six months and then another 3 through a werner owner/op last winter in addition to nine months at Knight. I told them what they could do with their "co driver" idea and left orientation. Luckily I took my vehicle planning on having my wife dropping me off the last day with my gear. A note to anyone considering them as a trainee- one new hire there was told they pay $350 for training out the gate and 35.7 CPM after training which is a flat out lie. I took their falsehoods and omissions of the facts when I was a trainee but having time under my belt they just did me a favor. I told them why should I team with someone who's only claim to training is they want the extra dough and have driven for six months. What a joke and a waste of time, if Knight Portland would've dispatched me anywhere besides L.A. I would've just stayed there. This is not to disparage the few good trainers with years of experience who are still with weiner (there are a few) I'm just venting on how they can lie knowing odds are a driver will try to stick it out or take the abuse. >RANT OFF
So what was the HUGE issue with spending 40 hours with a trainer? Ok, OK, I get it. I definitely see why Werner is so very very wrong with wanting you to spend 40 Hours (paid?) with a trainer to evaluate whether you could safely operate their equipment in winter conditions. Bad, bad Werner! Werner! You should have just turned him loose with limited experience instead of trying to help/evalute him(her) first! Werner, I can not believe that you would be so brash, as to want to know if a driver could handle 80,000 LBS on a slick Wyoming mountain. Shame on you Werner!

Now to Knight. Knight, I can not believe that you would actually have the nerve to dispatch to Los Angeles, Ca! Who would have thought that a transportation company would actually have an interest in the Los Angeles freight industry? Knight, did you not know that this driver was different and didn't enjoy LA traffic etc?

Werner and Knight, you are both officially being punished for trying transform this whiner in to a driver. I know that you both had the best of motives. But he just doesn't get it. Not at all.

Quote:
one new hire there was told they pay $350 for training out the gate and 35.7 CPM after training which is a flat out lie.
Did this new hire also tell you about last night's date with Pam Anderson? His latest Powerball jackpot?

Quote:
This is not to disparage the few good trainers with years of experience who are still with weiner (there are a few)
I don't think that it DID disparage the Werner trainers that operate as professionals. However, a look in the mirrow may be revealing...........
Oh yeah.......rant OFF :shock:
Old 01-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Rookie

Thanks Richard, you can go live with a slob of a trainer for a week if your so in love with Werner, enjoy!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Oh BTW I guess in order to qualify as a big dog I need five years of driving right? I don't call driving two winters in the cascades and siskyous much of a big deal, Knight was more than happy with my driving and as far as the I-5 corridor you obviously have never driven it a couple hundred times. If you have you would know it gets real old real fast. But hey i don't know anything because I'm not the big dog
Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Thanks Richard, you can go live with a slob of a trainer for a week if your so in love with Werner, enjoy!
Quote:
Oh BTW I guess in order to qualify as a big dog I need five years of driving right? I don't call driving two winters in the cascades and siskyous much of a big deal, Knight was more than happy with my driving and as far as the I-5 corridor you obviously have never driven it a couple hundred times. If you have you would know it gets real old real fast. But hey i don't know anything because I'm not the big dog!
Ummm..Gary here. Not Richard.

And yes SuperTrucker (I'm referring to you piaa_nissan), I think that I could endure living with a slob for a week if it meant caring for my family................Rather than attempting to nurse my damaged ego. Regarding my love for Werner. My only knowledge of Werner is that their trucks are blue. Although......................

....................My knowledge of people. Unfortunately. That are like you, (professional victims), is unfortunately boundless. Your mantras, including, "sucks to be me," "they're all out to get me," "I'm never getting paid enough," are much repeated, screamed, and cried claims made by persons with the same sense of entitlement that you have. While this may be an easy route to slide through life in many areas of work. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK IN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY.

Pay your dues. Stop complaining. Is my advice.

If you are not willing to keep your ego in check. No problem. I wish you the best of McLuck on your next McJob interview. I only hope that they don't require 40 hours training................................
Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 AM
Rookie

If you like someone lying to you I guess you'd be right at home and not angered at all. I for one like people to treat me like I treat them, honestly and to take responsibility for their actions. I guess that does make me a whiner. If you've never been through werners training program I suggest you give it a try, until you have you cannot make a judgment call on the way they treat drivers- like so much gum on your shoe. No one owes me anything, I can always fall back working as a broadband technician, my ten years working for AT&T count for something. I'm sure you've had days you've had to vent before, if you haven't I guess that would make you the Mega Super Trucker!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If you like someone lying to you I guess you'd be right at home and not angered at all. I for one like people to treat me like I treat them, honestly and to take responsibility for their actions. I guess that does make me a whiner. If you've never been through werners training program I suggest you give it a try, until you have you cannot make a judgment call on the way they treat drivers- like so much gum on your shoe. No one owes me anything, I can always fall back working as a broadband technician, my ten years working for AT&T count for something. I'm sure you've had days you've had to vent before, if you haven't I guess that would make you the Mega Super Trucker!
No, I haven't had the pleasure of the Werner training program. But, I am a graduate of the CRST training program. (Should speak for itself)

You have, however, made an interesting point with the AT&T reference. It has taken AT&T (23?) years to shake off all of their previous mistakes and only now, are they returning to prosperity. (Don't bore me with tales of the federally mandated breakup, I know about all of that). I have to wonder how much of this had to do with the complacency of the CWA? How does it go? Once bitten, twice shy? Is AT&T beating down the doors of former broadband (promoted comm techs) to come back again? For your sake, I hope so. I really do. If you have gone into the trucking industry thinking that you will be treated similar to the electronics/communications world.................your head must have been in a splice case
Old 01-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Board Regular

Why isn't this now pointless thread locked ?

PM each other with your little 7th grade debate .
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Senior Board Member

18 months exp if my math is right ? Just forget about warner and make some calls and find another company . 8)
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 AM
Rookie

For the record IMHO the CWA was and still is a piece of garbage. Driving and telecommunications are definitely two different critters. I think at this point I'll leave this as-is, I reacted to your comments very quickly and vicious because of my anger at the day. Your point is taken but I hope your judgment will not be as quick not knowing someones whole background. One rant does not make a person. Enjoy your evening and I apologize for any offense given.