User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default U.S. Xpress

Currently I am looking at getting on with U.S. Xpress. They have their drug test (no problem), but they also mentioned a physical. Does anyone happen to know if it happens to be a DOT physical?

I ask because I have a shoulder injury that I am recovering from and want to be sure that I can recover if it is anything like the Swift Workwell Physical.

I must note that as I am not fond of having to drive an automatic, and the fact that I was trained on 9 & 10 speeds, I'm not too pleased, but, from the standpoint of city driving it will be nice.

I am not looking for criticism (constructive/destructive) on the company, I am looking for what the physical is about.

Thank you!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

IIRC, US Xpress' physical is just a standard DOT physical.... at least it was when I was working for Total Transportation, which is now USX's little brother.

You know, Swift's workwell worked me harder than testing out for my flatbed load securement :shock:
Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

They give you what they call a DOT physical. It takes about 90 seconds. The doctor puts a folder in front of his face and says "what is your middle name?" You have to drop your pants and cough.

If you take any medication, be sure to have the dosage and the strength with you when you go to orientation. Also, if you have ever been diagnosed with ANY illness, but sure you have a medical release with you. When I went to orientation, most everyone they sent home was due to not having a medical release.

They're going to question you to death! They'll ask about accidents and tickets from 30 years ago. There was a guy in my class who got a speeding ticked in 1958, and they questioned him about it.

The 3 days aren't too bad, there's a lot of sitting and doing nothing, it does tend to get rather boring. I'm not sure if you're a newbie or not but if you are you might get a trainer on Wednesday, but more than likely you'll have to wait a few days for one. If you're being hired as an experienced driver, you'll get a truck and load on Wednesday.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
They give you what they call a DOT physical. It takes about 90 seconds. The doctor puts a folder in front of his face and says "what is your middle name?" You have to drop your pants and cough.

If you take any medication, be sure to have the dosage and the strength with you when you go to orientation. Also, if you have ever been diagnosed with ANY illness, but sure you have a medical release with you. When I went to orientation, most everyone they sent home was due to not having a medical release.

They're going to question you to death! They'll ask about accidents and tickets from 30 years ago. There was a guy in my class who got a speeding ticked in 1958, and they questioned him about it.

The 3 days aren't too bad, there's a lot of sitting and doing nothing, it does tend to get rather boring. I'm not sure if you're a newbie or not but if you are you might get a trainer on Wednesday, but more than likely you'll have to wait a few days for one. If you're being hired as an experienced driver, you'll get a truck and load on Wednesday.
Yeah the physical I had when starting with Swift was the same. The medical issue should not be a problem since they are looking at Blood Pressure and Diabetes. I made it through Swift without any problems. I have been treated for Sleep Apnea and it did not require any medical release

Most everything that happened in the past, I have a good memory about. However Washington State only will release information for the past 5 years on a CMV abstract, and there is nothing on there. In fact, I could hand them a blank piece of paper and it would be sufficient lol.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:12 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
Why on earth would you tell anyone what happened 30 yrs ago??? :shock:
Old 01-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Board Regular

To see if they can annoy the Cr4p out of you!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj_otr
It would take more then that!....lol Never give out more information then your paper trail can cover!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: U.S. Xpress

Quote:
Currently I am looking at getting on with U.S. Xpress. They have their drug test (no problem), but they also mentioned a physical. Does anyone happen to know if it happens to be a DOT physical?

I ask because I have a shoulder injury that I am recovering from and want to be sure that I can recover if it is anything like the Swift Workwell Physical.

I must note that as I am not fond of having to drive an automatic, and the fact that I was trained on 9 & 10 speeds, I'm not too pleased, but, from the standpoint of city driving it will be nice.

I am not looking for criticism (constructive/destructive) on the company, I am looking for what the physical is about.
TThank you!
They give the standard DOT physical check your b/p and the old turn and cough test . The b/p test send a few people home and i forgot the drug test
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
yeah pretty much lol
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Board Regular

Is it just people that don't have there BP under control?