User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter
So, I've seen USX Volvo's. And I've seen a couple of Centuries. Are they phasing out one type to go with another?
The new Volvo's are for teams we keep them for about a year then thy go to solo's. some new Centuries will go to teams if thy want one, the mid roof Centuries, Pete's and KW's are for solo's.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by danj_otr
.37 to .30 depending on run length.
This never makes sense to me. Your job is worth more on short runs than it is on long runs? :? Seems like just another cop out for companies to save a few more bucks courtesy of the drivers.:roll: That would be like an accounting firm telling an accountant,"I'll pay you more to do Mom and Pop's Grocery stores books than I will to do Food Lions books....
Well, from where I was in pay, this is .02/mile to .09/mile increase, so I cannot complain for the time being. Short runs are good but burn your 70 really quick, the long distance runs are nice but the pay is not as good. Either way I will make out better than I did with Swift.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Board Regular

I sure hope that I get a truck with a clutch! Although it is not exactly related, I hated my new truck I had with Swift. They removed the trolley bar from all their early '04 Columbias, so testing the brakes, and sliding the tandems sucked!