User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Here's a happy CFI driver website complete with dash cam so you can "see" what he sees in his daily travels.

Check out the "Croc's Trail" link and you can see what kind of miles he gets, by the month...

A VERY well done website and an enjoyable read.

http://www.angelandcroc.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Let us not forget about the other site that "Croc" set up.... http://www.cfidrivers.com

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
CFI says I will get .28/mile when I go alone, I think .27/mile with trainer. Then it goes up to .30/mile at 60k miles and again at 90k miles it goes to .32/mile.
When I was in orientation with them (Jan 06) I made $.26 cpm with a trainer and $.28 when I went solo. Also I got my raise (to $.30 cpm) when I reached 6 months employment... not 60k miles. Maybe its changed since then, I dont know.

Quote:
She said 90k miles should happen in 6 months
Proves you cant believe recruiters anywhere. I ran about 70k miles in 6 1/2 months... thats with a lot of 3500 mile weeks, but I also used all my hometime days. Like Useless said... you might get 90k if you never go home.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:34 PM

What is CFI's hometime policy? Two weeks out then a day at home? Just wondering, not bashing CFI at all. They seem to have nice equipment, I heard they might be going to auto's.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:08 PM

HT at CFI is sort of the typical. 1 day off for every week on the road/once on the road you can't highlight for home until 14 days have passed. After you do highlight they then have 5 days to get you home. they may get you home the next day or the end of the 5 days. At the end of the 5 days if you still aren't home they Dead head you to the house.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Default CFI Job

OK, I might have been off on the 6 month thing, but eveything else still sounds good to me. I found cfidrivers.com and joined, didn't post too much, just looked around. Found a site named "ripoffreport.com" and searched on CFI and only found a few bad things about 'Central Florida Investments'....gee, imagine that! :roll: Just typical Florida land stuff. Found tons of bad stuff on CR England though! Won't go there.
Another good site is "safer.fmcsa.dot.gov" and CFI has real good safety numbers. That's another thing I have in the back of my head, find a good safe company. Also, living in west central Florida concerned me as too far south. My recruiter said several times that getting me home, with truck, is noooo problem. She knows where St. Pete. is too. :lol: For every week out, I get one day home-time, even if I want to take it off somewhere else besides home.
So, I'm gonna go fer it! I am scheduled to start in orientation Monday, Jan. 28 in Joplin where it's 32 degrees now and 75 here.....brrrrrrr! Actually cooled off sum as it was 85 yesderday! 8)
I'm not too worried about being OTR for long periods, as I am single and have only a home, pickup and boat to worry about...
Thanks again for the tips and input!!!!! CFI, here I come! (with a very heavy coat, sweater, hat, long-johns, gloves, mittens.....) :nervous:
Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 PM

sounds like fun. Hope CFI works out for you. I miss driving for them. Good company and good people for the most part.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:36 AM

I hope so too, and thanks! I've been to Chicago in the dead of winter and I'm still alive, so I'll survive Joplin. Lookin forward to the people there and the company.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poserpunk765
HT at CFI is sort of the typical. 1 day off for every week on the road/once on the road you can't highlight for home until 14 days have passed. After you do highlight they then have 5 days to get you home. they may get you home the next day or the end of the 5 days. At the end of the 5 days if you still aren't home they Dead head you to the house.
When I was with them it was 1 day home earned for every 7 days out... didnt know anything about the 14 day thing (I usually stayed out 4 to 6 weeks at a time). As far as the 5 day highlight thing... yea, thats what I was told too but it was usually 7 to 10 days after highlighting before I got home.

There is no such thing as "the perfect company" but if you want to run dry van OTR, then CFI is definatly one of the best.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:45 AM

i may be wrong but that's what i was always told by my fleet managers. OTR could highlight after 2 weeks out. Now regional drivers can highlight as soon as they leave the house.

Yeah they SAY that they will get you home after 5 days, but sometimes for me it worked out that i had to wait closer to 7. Never as much as 10. Longest i had to wait was 7 days because i had a crappy load to deliver. I did get DH back home as soon as i dropped. 300 miles dead head no less.