User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OMG ...this is too funny. oh yeah and thanks guys for asking for a ban. this is not a company that you want to lease from but im not a lease driver. all complaints listed from this drivers perspective are probably brought on by his/her own lousy attitude. the F/M they mentioned i haven't heard of. the fac fleet isnt even part of "transam" it really is a company all to itself. considering i cnt get on their lot to drop a unit or get maint. really it just seems to me like a bad driver made their life at transam worse. i know this person probably cnt see this post but that is ok. i felt i should personally send a reply to them saying that my F/M is a very nice person and i have run out of hours every time i have been out. i also run legal this is why i run out of hours. if any1 told me i was fired for running out of hrs i would laugh at them. wow a lawyer on that would be like a wild bore on a lame cow :lol: . this company like any other is just what you make it. i could make it a horrible job but instead im patient and flexible and i dnt yell or whine at my F/M bout how horrible my life is because they wont run me. i cnt get to my runs in time as is. im being run ragged out there and i like it that way. some times i even feel bad for pulling the truck off the road to go take a leak :lol:
oh well im done now... again thnx to all who support my efforts and my family on this forum. im just sad some people really live that bad a life and dnt know how to be happy or content where they are.

MAD2 AKA MAD II
Old 02-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Rookie

well fac is part of Transam just go ask Johnny its a dedicated fleet of Transam that Johnny owns and he owns a Transam fleet in Rockwall TX also, and its funny you haven't heard of Ale Bliss cause in every orientation he comes in and talks to the hole class. I'm glad you have a nice F/M cause Transam does have alot of nice F/M i just got stuck with one of there worst ones like i said if it wasn't for him i would still be pulling Transam trl's and im not the only person that has had problems with Ale Bliss ask your F/M about him cause alot of F/M and dispatch people don't get along with him.. any way i do support u and your family and hope your time with transam is great cause they were a good company i just got stuck with a Bad F/M.. Like i told Transam today when they called me if i don't have to have the same F/M i might consider coming back, so i might be coming back to Transam.. any way good luck
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Fac is a subdivision of TransAm officially. They don't share yards, equipment, managers, etc. More "owned by" than "part of" was my husbands point.
My husband and brother left this morning for a pick up in
Dodge City, KS. The load wasn't ready when they got there, so they are currently waiting on it. The load has 2 stops in Boston, and a stop somewhere else in MA. Nice long load, but we're slightly concerned about the weather up there so if anybody knows what I-80 up that way looks like let us know.
We're a touch concerned about how small his check after next will be, since he was home a touch over 5 days this time, they brought him in early morning on the 16th. It was really nice to see him for so long though. His next hometime is the 6th of March, so we were able to get 2 weeks instead of 3 this time, so that will be nice as well, we have a special "food tasting" thing in town we thought it would be really nice to go to together so it was really nice that he could get it off.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 AM

I am so glad to have read this posting. Good job on letting on the newbies and everyone else know the goings on with this company.

I was out on the road with hubby with FFE for almost a year, we have an empty nest, and it was wonderful for the both of us. I do not drive, but helped with map reading, computer stuff and paperwork. Helped him all I could help, and he says it was wonderful for him too.

I just wanted to say to everyone here on this forum that drives for a living, whether OTR or local, I found a new respect for all of you. This type of life is not for the faint of heart. It is a hard life, a hard job, being gone all the time from family, most of you alone out on the road. I saw just what goes on first hand, the way the 4 wheelers do you guys, the way the companies do you, how you are treated by shippers/receivers. Most of it is not pretty. But you do it because you love what you do, and our world turns because of all of you and I just want to say that I appreciate all of you for what you do.

Hubby and I are going back out on the road in a few weeks with 3KB out of Altus, OK. We have been home now going on 2 years and going to give it another go with what we think will be a better company. i will try and post here on our goings on.

I salute you madi, again great job on this posting! And what a great wife you must be, very supportive. These guys need that, I applaud you!

Kim(CJ's wife)
Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Board Member

cclarke, thanks so much for your kind words!

My husband has had a very rocky start to this week. When he did his pre-trip to leave from here Wednesday morning he found he had a flat on his trailer. He got it fixed but it delayed his start by several hours.
He says about 5 hours after they got on the road his check engine light came on. Since he was going by there anyway he pulled into the Olathe yard and told them what was going on. That was yesterday early afternoon.
The mechanic looks at it, found out it is burning oil, and who knows what else, and says they have to send it back to Detroit for repair since its still under warranty. By this time regular business hours had ended, and night dispatch said they weren't able to transfer him into a new truck, he would have to wait for this morning. This morning they tell him he's taking a brand new KW down to Rockwall, to be somebody else's. He also has a load coming out of Olathe going to Sherman, TX. Once in Rockwall he picks up a 04 that will be his new truck. As of right now, he's waiting on his load to arrive in Olathe, which is due any minute, then hopefully he will be on his way. All this sitting sure doesn't help keep those paychecks high! Of course the sitting won't affect it near as much as 5 days at home did....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry I wasn't sooner getting another update, I feel like I've been meeting myself coming and going again this week, as several of my own business ventures have taken off.
My husband is outside of knoxville, tn tonight, headed for MI, due there Friday morning. Once he left Olathe they sent him with a load to Sherman, TX, then he deadheaded to Rockwall. He was delayed a day and a half at Rockwall getting his new truck issued, and then the radio fixed the next morning. We won't complain too much though, he was given a 1000w inverter as part of the deal! The shop in Rockwall apparantly had it "just hanging around". That and he has picked up a lunchbox oven so his life on the road should prove to be easier now!
From Rockwall he picked up a load and went to Black Mountain, NC. Thats where he dropped this morning.
We have ended up with a few shorter weeks (1600-2000 miles) due to hometime and truck difficulties, but they seem to be evened out fairly well so his checks are still close to $500 so it doesn't hurt that bad.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Board Icon

Well, it sounds like he's busy. Good to hear that he got the inverter. Hope everything works out with his truck.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Board Regular

Ok, so we have seen that the am likes to push drivers and encourage them to drive at night especially at 12am when the hours clear up. This, i percieve, is not a good thing. It's certainly a turn off for me.

Girlfriend, thanks so much for posting this diary. Could you please list his exact mileage per week as it comes?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Board Icon

I love driving at night. Not much traffic. Get to see all the animals that come out at night. Yeah, there are some of those late night drunks going home, and you do hear of those freak accidents at night, but out where I run, there isnt hardly any traffic at all. Even in the day time. Besides, running at night, you get to see how fast those purty cowtrucks really run. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis friend
Ok, so we have seen that the am likes to push drivers and encourage them to drive at night especially at 12am when the hours clear up. This, i percieve, is not a good thing. It's certainly a turn off for me.

Girlfriend, thanks so much for posting this diary. Could you please list his exact mileage per week as it comes?
If I get the chance I will list exact mileage. But, I want to clarify that it was not TransAm as a whole who has pushed him, it was his particular night dispatch. And since he complained big about that he hasn't had a lick of trouble with them. But, also not much you can do about the early am drops that go with reefer.

In any future comments please politely refrain from calling me "girlfriend". Thanks.