User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone drive for Path Truck Line, flatbed?

Anyone work for Path? I'd like to get some intel about the company, their dispatching and pay, from someone that actually drives for them.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Rookie

I gotta say, so far, I'm real impressed. Rented me an '07 Mustang in Greenville, SC, to take to orientation, in
Dunkirk, NY and then to pick up my truck at my home terminal, just west of Chattanooga, TN. They put me up
in a nice motel in Dunkirk. No sharing a room with another snoring driver, either. All drivers get a room to
themselves. Orientation pay was $70 per day, which is kind of low, but all meals were paid for, just turn in
the receipts, so long as the meal wasn't over $25.

When I got to my home terminal Thursday about noon, the CEO was there. Younger guy, about 35 or 40, he's
the son of the owner, who's retired. Met the Terminal Manager and my Fleet Manager and talked about how I
like to run and where and all. I told him my mother in law was in the hospital and I'd like to get through the
house as much as possible for a while. All were real nice folks. Moved a few things into my truck and
checked it out, finding a couple things wrong with it. I told the Terminal Manager and he introduced me to the
Shop Forman, who put a mechanic on it immediately. The guy even beat me back out to the truck and had
everything fixed in under an hour, except for one item, that a [art had to be ordered for.

I'm paid 26% of the gross and my first load was from about 5 miles from the terminal to the southern tip of
SC and I was able to stop at home for my 10 hour break Thursday night. When I was unloaded, I had a
preplanned load 30 miles away, going to Hagerstown, MD, delivering Monday morning. So, I was able to go
home and get all my stuff moved in. With those two loads, I grossed just under $500.

Like I said, I'm pretty impressed so far.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Congrats!!!! Glad you are enjoying it and that they are accommodating (so far 8) )

Keep us posted
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Rookie

Updates?

I talked to one of their recruiters today, What's the real scoop?