User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trans Am or Arrow

I have been accepted to orientation at Arrow ,CR England , & Trans Am.
I have kind of ruled out England - unless someone can tell me why I should pick them over the other two.
Can you fine truckers tell me which one of the 3 companies you prefer.
I know Arrow is flatbed & requires more work - but I'm no stranger to hard work.
I need to make A decision quick - any advice will be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Make a list of what you want from a trucking company and compare what companies are the best fit for you. IMO, if you are even considering flatbed, Maverick, TMC or even Boyd Bros. would be a better alternative than Arrow. Of course, this will all depend on what is important to YOU.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Board Regular

Just out of curiosity, why are you limiting yourself to just Arrow or Trans Am? I drive for Crete and would suggest you consider them. There's a link to their website in my sig. As the previous poster stated, there are better flatbed companies out there and reefer for that matter. Two completely different types of freight and physical labor requirements on the driver. I started out at Arrow two years ago and I can tell you, it's work! However, they actually have a pretty decent orientation, especially for someone new to driving. They video tape you backing into a dock then let you watch it to help you improve. They have a small obstacle course you run through. Load securement to teach you how to secure various loads and tarp them. Mirror setup station to help you learn how to adjust your mirrors and use them in the most effective manner. I really enjoyed my orientation there and still use a lot of what I learned to this day. Darren runs orientation and seems like a very strange guy at first, but is actually very cool IMO. I know with Arrow you'll run all 48. Trans Am mainly runs meat to the east coast and then carpet back to the Midwest and never goes west of Denver, CO. That is unless they've changed, but I doubt it because I never see them out west. I know they bought out a company based out of TX about a year ago, blue trucks, forget the name. Trans Am runs auto-shift transmissions too. I chose to start out with a company that runs manuals. I can't really tell you which of these two to choose due to the fact that I wouldn't want to pull flatbed or reefer again. Best of luck on your decision and feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Crete. :wink: